Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SS dragonfly vs. coil for b&g

I have 2 ls dragonfly's and I'm considering either turning one into a SS or selling one for a Aaron Cain coil. My question is for the people who have used the Ss dragonfly how does it compare to a coil for b&g. And also whats the comparison between the ls and Ss dragonfly's for b&g.
    Last edited by Mike.p; 11-28-2011 at 07:20 PM.
    Bloodhound liner
    crazy lime dragonfly
    Evil black dragonfly

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a message on FB
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    i know its a old thread, but i would like to know the difference between the LS and SS Dragonfly as well. i thought they only had one kind. im thinking about picking one up and for the money i wanna be sure im gonna get the one i need. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Only difference that I know of is the cam, SS(short stroke)is for B&G and the LS(long) is for color and lining. Also the SS machines tend to get envious of the LSs when they both have to change in the locker room.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Nedz short-stroke I use for B&G it does an awesome job. Its not a dragonfly but I figure they are somewhat comparable

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    I have a Nedz short-stroke I use for B&G it does an awesome job. Its not a dragonfly but I figure they are somewhat comparable
    It is a great machine, hopefully the updated machine will be even better!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The short stroke DF is a great machine full stop, it specifically excels at B&G. I honestly think there are a few rotaries that are better than coils for B&G they're so much more consistent and well balanced,and they just seem to be getting better and better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still run a Coil sometimes, for B&G, we all run Machines differently, but I like my Coil, to run Fast and Hit Soft for B&G...Which will be interesting, as one of the next Machines I will be Reviewing is a Roman HM, Adjustable Short 2.6mm Stroke Santamaria..(That I traded with Sinnersink)..If you guys want, in the Review I will include a comparison with Short Stroke Rotaries, against Coils for B&G...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.p View Post
    I have 2 ls dragonfly's and I'm considering either turning one into a SS or selling one for a Aaron Cain coil. My question is for the people who have used the Ss dragonfly how does it compare to a coil for b&g. And also whats the comparison between the ls and Ss dragonfly's for b&g.
    I found the long stroke was noisier and had more vibration. The shorter stroke seems to smooth that out but it doesn't pack ink in as fast which in all makes it easier to use on black n grey.
    I've used it for a bit of colour blending too with good results, but lining was painfully slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shork stroke rotaries are not very good at lining imo unless it's really tight skin like a calf