Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotar

Post Thanks / Like

Rotar

IMG_0034.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

Arrived today. Cant wait to try it out!

It is small, like seriously small. And light.

I wouldnt want to drop it for fear of breaking or bending parts of it. It looks like every part of it has been trimmed to the bare minimum. Build quality seems good, but it's tough to guage because its so light. The side cut outs on the motor are just a little sharp, but i don't think it will be a problem.

The tube vise, which i thought was rather nice does not seem to tighten down enough on my tatsoul tubes to keep them from slipping a bit though. I have other tubes at the shop, this is just what i had on hand. Maybe the others are better, or maybe it wont matter. I will update after i use it a bit.

No information about voltage range is included with the machine (but it comes in a little plastic box with stickers and some tips on what not to do with it)
    Last edited by throwhammers; 11-29-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking machine! I have trouble with machines and disposables unless it grabs the stems guillotine-style.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got one in the mail too, soon as I get it it's getting some workout testing and a review here.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is pretty, I am sure if it doesn't work out for you, half the people here would be willing to take it off your hands. Haha, I hope it works out well for you. I can't wait to hear your experience with this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update.
    I plugged the machine in, turned it on, and for three glorious seconds it hummed away quietly. Then it stopped working and just made my clipcord really hot.

I have contacted Rotar, he said he has never seen that issue before and said I can return it for another. Which I intend to do. Still excited about this machine, even after this little setback though... Its so damn light!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Rotar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was my first experience like that. all i know is the tube vise is the only thing we have to develop more to make the vise lock better since the female lock should be tightened for the male to lock. and we have to improve that... and also the connection jack to transfer out from its main frame. this one we have no more issue left on our side. These SHIFT* are brought out to the Berlin Show. It also comes with a FREE "Rsquared" 3.5mm Jack w/ round cord. Our new lineup for accessories like standard grips, hawk-sized grips, footswitch, cords and others. . .
    shift1a.jpg shift2a.jpg
    shift21a.jpg shift22a.jpg

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love your work rotar! Beautiful design...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotar View Post
    That was my first experience like that. all i know is the tube vise is the only thing we have to develop more to make the vise lock better since the female lock should be tightened for the male to lock. and we have to improve that... and also the connection jack to transfer out from its main frame. this one we have no more issue left on our side. These SHIFT* are brought out to the Berlin Show. It also comes with a FREE "Rsquared" 3.5mm Jack w/ round cord. Our new lineup for accessories like standard grips, hawk-sized grips, footswitch, cords and others. . .

shift1a.jpg shift2a.jpg
    shift21a.jpg shift22a.jpg
    Hey Nin will mine look like this version?

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They do look fun and futuristic. Neat stuff!!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Rotar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you amoebadesigns, chriss dewitt right from facebook? hahah. Not yet Mike Slick, i sent yours and its coming close to you already. this one will come out by december 2nd week hopefully. Thank you Mike Cyber.