Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much guys! I'm not opposed to using Maxons...I actually built my first rotary with a Maxon but while running it with a normal load I snapped the shaft. I inspected it and the metal they used for the shaft was not stainless steel...it was grainy and coarse and just coated with a shiny surface. Even the big guys will cut corners to save a buck. I tried to snap a shaft with a Mubachi motor and it would not break with needle nose pliers...just bent a little. For how I wanted these to perform I've tried several different motors from Maxon to Canon to Mubachi and so far the Mubachi ran the way I wanted it to run. I have several more motors on the way for me to try out. Got a few different Graupners,a Faulhaber,another Maxon and an Escap coming in the mail. I'm a tinkerer at heart and I'll always try something different to see if I can improve what I'm working on but for now I gotta say I'm really digging the motor I found. Nice and quiet, very little vibration and tough as nails. Sure it would be nice to drive a Mercedes but a Honda will get you where you need to be at a fraction of the price and perform just as well. For the work I've got going into these with the carving, etc sitting a Maxon in it would jack the price way up and I don't know about you but the economy isn't like it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...The above post should read "Mabuchi" everywhere I typed it and not "Mubachi"...I'm fighting off a cold and I'm all jacked up on Nyquil so my head isn't right hahaha.

Post Thanks / Like
    again....nice machines. i will own one!!!!!!!! lol.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are on my radar... cool stuff!
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    I think mabuchi are great motors and have proven them shelves to hold up and perform a long time.Also its nice to be able to pick up on for 10 bucks retail compared to 100.I could have 10 on hand for the same price of one, which would last much longer then one maxon. I think maxons(have used them) are good but way overrated or the price.

U SAY :

I could have 10 on hand for the same price of one, which would last much longer then one maxon.

so buy 10 chinese machines, gonna survive more than 1 good, buy 10 chinese powewr supply, gonna survive more than 1 original

IS EXACTLY WHAT U WANNA SAY MAN...

I JUST WANNA PUT ON THE HEAD OF THE PEOPLE THAT THEY STY SPEND MAYBE 400 USD OR MORE FOR A 5 USD CHEAP MOTOR, IS OK THIS ???

U WANNA USE MABUCHI, USE, IS MOTOR AND WORK GOOD FOR SURE, BUT STILL 5 USD MOTOR BUILD IN CHINA, THAT'S ALL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me I totally understand your argument but it came down to what functioned the best and the maxon I ordered just didn't cut it. If I find a motor from someone else that works better then I will go with it for the future. My new selection of motors to try out should be at my door soon and one of them is another style of Maxon and if it out performs the others then it will get the job haha. The Graupners I ordered are looking nice to me too...I love trying new things

Post Thanks / Like
    the motors you guys use are brushed or brushless?
    your machines look beatiful

8. Thanks Amoebadesigns thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brushed....and thank you!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Webb from Neotat started off with Maxxons, and found that the bushings wore out fast, and that the Mabuchi motors outperformed all the other motors he experimented with too.

The Graupner motors are inexpensive as well..makes me think they are also made in China??
    the way of the beast, I suppose?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure, they haven't arrived yet. I'm gonna peel the stickers on them and look for the "made in" seal hahaha. They do have a nice range of motors though.