Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New rotary machines I'm working on

Well I've been applying my 10 years experience of building coil machines to rotaries and I'm quite close to being very happy. I have a few minor tweeks in frame dimension for the tube vice and positioning of the spring seat so I can add an RCA hole for plugs along with the clipcord binders but other than that I am digging these so far. I designed the frames so I can carve the heck out of everything and also change designs easily so that each machine can be very one off like my coil machines. I am doing all of the work myself from cutting to milling to carving, etc...each frame starts out as 5 pieces. I made a jig to weld them together and alter the dimensions easily if I want to try something new or even try different motors. These are weighing in between 4.2 ounces for the smaller motor to 5.2 ounces for the bigger motor. The smaller motor cycles similar to a coil liner which was my intention to try to make a dedicated liner cause I haven't liked lining with a rotary much so far. Runs hard at 3 volts. The bigger motor is smooth and super quiet and packs in color at 7.5 volts. Here's a few pics...More pictures can be seen on my Facebook profile by clicking the link under the pictures below. I'm having a lot of fun with these!
    r2b.jpgr3a.jpgr4a.jpgr5c.jpgr6d.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150382483441610.347707.684256609&type=1

2. Like The Limey, Cesar liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    those are sweet mate
    when will they be available to buy and how much are they.
    Last edited by tgseh; 11-30-2011 at 02:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really looks nice and unique. Great job on these! What motors are you using for the small and the larger ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using Mabuchi on both of those...I tested a number of motors from Maxon on down and for what I wanted these to do the Mabuchi performed the best believe it or not. I actually snapped the shaft on the Maxon motor during running it and the metal inside of it looked weak and brittle. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have some available here in the next few weeks and they'll probably be like $375 ish. A little harder to make than my coil machines but not by much. Making machines for so long makes part making easy for me, just had to figure out how to make the new parts and then it's all clockwork from there.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely gorgeous work of art man...

Post Thanks / Like
    verry nice looking.awesome.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you can sell machines in threes, a Relay Liner, relay Shader, and Rotary Combo that all will look similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are almost as cool as I expected. How big are they? The look bigger than I expected. Don't get me wrong the are beautiful. Love the organic feel of them. They look like tattoo machines not a NASA designed dental drill. Can you post a size comparison?

12. Like Cesar liked this post.