Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The New Spektra Halo 2012

Sorry about the shitty pic, I just couldn't wait to post it. The back slider is missing the tension adjusting knob. This is a raw cut of the machine.
    We are proud of this 2 years efforts to bring the first american rotary with these many advances. The reason of the delay was to give the best of our research and development.

Lots of improvements and a unique resistance system. Machine strips apart with no tools, easier than earlier proto.
    We also made it affordable, as you only need to buy one motor that swaps between the autoclavable bodies. Beautiful polishing and anodizing finish to come in the next days. Machine strips to its bare parts with your hands. Tool-less

By allowing the motor to plug and unplug between bodies we were able to knock down a huge chunk in price. This will also minimize the room on the setup tray and makes the plugging/ unplugging of motor an easy task. Easier than plugging and unplugging the RCA cord. After tattooing simply place the body in a pouch and auto clave. The motor can be bagged with the same RCA sleeve. We called the motor part "MotorBolt" which can be sanitized with your favorite sanitation solution.

More pictures to come soon. Machine will be released for sale around Jan/ Feb. We are under full production now.
    1-Spektra.jpg2-Spektra.jpg
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No more needle tensioner?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes is not there and is different. It's auto adjustable. It clamps from the sides (see little holes) it's actually a custom spring that holds a dry bearing. It's also removable in case you need to swap it or want to use rubber bands. Will post soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool idea, I like removable too. Looks great btw

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    yes is not there and is different. It's auto adjustable. It clamps from the sides (see little holes) it's actually a custom spring that holds a dry bearing. It's also removable in case you need to swap it or want to use rubber bands. Will post soon
    Oh I like that Idea! I'm much happier with good old fashioned rubber bands.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    so badass,,,,

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks like you also changed the slider/piston. does this system works as good as the other one -maybe produce both with two price points.I realy liked the first final model.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

8. Like OwlsDen liked this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How soon should I change your signature Gaston?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    it looks like you also changed the slider/piston. does this system works as good as the other one -maybe produce both with two price points.I realy liked the first final model.
    I agree the first final ( the red one in your sig ) would be a great entry level model. Especially if you could price it low enough that it would not be so close as to cannibalize sales from the other system. I like the simplicity of the first one.

Post Thanks / Like
    This system works better than the other one because this one does not have a piston at all.
    It uses a perfectly round slider and the friction is minimal. The vibration is almost null.
    Super Silent.

I rather you guys figure it out if you get the machine, than me try to explain it
    But I would say that we poured the best our knowledge in this machine and I believe we came up
    with unique systems even though we didn't invent the wheel.

The first machine was great but I didn't want to release the first one and then this one, because the price wouldn't have made sense
    as the other machine we were force to have a motor per machine and the costs of productions were about the same.

Now we've made the machine (body) cheaper and you only need to pay for one motor.
    It will be more affordable than most top cats and that was the goal.

I know, the other one looked good, and I have like 15 of them still but this one really kicked the first one in the ass.

Some of the improvements compared to the first version:
    - MotorBolt (motor+housing) now releases with 1/4 turn where the other one had 8 turns
    - no mater how you plug the motor on this one the bearing will snap in place to propel the slider.
    The other one you had to find the slot to make that happen.
    - Cheaper setup overall as 1 MotorBolt will power all machine bodies.
    - Simpler tensioner. This tensioner can be removed and it doesn't need adjustment as it has the tension of 2 rubber bands preset.
    - Finishes. The finishes on this machine are sleeker.
    - Size The machine is smaller than the other one
    - Less parts and bigger internal parts. The new version has minimal parts and less fragile as the first version.
    You needed a hex key to secure the piston to the a bar before, in this new version is fully too less to take Machine body apart for maintenance or repair.
    - The stroke wheel on this version is bigger and it's perfectly balance to dump vibration
    - The Machine Body is closed all the way on this final version. On the other one it was open all the way through.
    Therefore less room for contamination to get in.
    - Thicker Guillotine, bigger knob.
    - The Needle resistance is control by a knob in the back that moves along with the slider. On the first version it was a set screw and it required a hex key.
    - The Slider on this new machine has more weight than first version which it gives a nicer response.
    - Less waste goes in the production of this new machine/ faster machining.
    - Slicker color combination as the MotorBolt is black and the Machine Body comes in diff colors.
    - Uses bigger springs, they'll last longer.

and I'm sure a few other things that made us think hard.

12. Like Tat2dPinoy, Cesar liked this post.