Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Dragonfly

So, this fellow is on my fb. He's been posting a lot of photos of a recent machine he made. In many posts, he is very defensive that he did not copy a dragonfly. he states that he uses many different components than the dragonfly does. I still think it looks a lot like a dragonfly though, or is it just me? You can see more pics on his fb page.

dragonfly ish 384150_2307825694468_1214078526_31848222_68573040_n.jpg
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    is everyone just ripping off everyone else , how about trying to come up with somthing new, the same thing with coil machines it is the same three frame styles .sorry to rant but how many times are we going to see the same thing.

3. Thanks Tiger Dan thanked for this post.
    Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you're going to rip some one off of their time,money and all around hard work, at the least acknowledge it. being a douche and knowing it is one thing, but now you're just lying to yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    that is 100% no doubt the ebay knockoff dragonfly with the anodizing sanded off and a few other cosmetic changes.so this what being a machine builder has come to? buying some crap from china and making a few little mods to it?

6. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    a little question here,,,if he has taken a copy of an original and he has used a lot of different parts, what if it performs better than the original its copied from?? would that be acceptable to buy one?? because, surely the performance of a machine should be the most important thing??.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be acceptable to you if you drew a custom design for a client put a lot of work in and someone takes the design polishes the design here and there and makes money with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not saying it's right or wrong i just asked the question to see other people's views on this. aren't most custom designs just polished copies of thing's that have already been done before? its quite uncommon to see a design that's totally different that's never been done in some shape or form before..

Post Thanks / Like
    most people that design, build or modify custom machines still happily give the nod to the originator of the design....this guys sounds like he's claiming he invented the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    The parts are different because they aren't original. They're fakes
    Last edited by OwlsDen; 12-18-2011 at 09:22 AM.

12. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    this builder is in denial, its obvious to me that , this looks like a cheap replicated china made dragonfly with some cosmetic changes.LOL

14. Like wildboy, Mr.Taboo, merky, OwlsDen liked this post.