Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricksonart.com View Post
    ubertree hugging huge ear plugged hipster
    bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329.jpg

3. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Really guys? Thats like saying only tattoo snobs like Japanese art.
    I've never really cared about the swazi either way, but I like to think as an open minded and grumpy tattoo guy that The Swastika isnt some hippie tattoo "thing"
    (btw, if you hate Hippy tattooer types, isnt that EXACTLY what Filip Leu is?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetexas View Post
    (btw, if you hate Hippy tattooer types, isnt that EXACTLY what Filip Leu is?)
    Absolutely not and if you ever drag him into a conversation like this again your soul will burn in tattoo hell ^^

6. Like Alie K, OwlsDen liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've met Paulo at the London convention and he does make some nice machines and I also believe he has done some collaboration builds with dringenberg which might explain the 2 machines pictured but I do feel he has stooped a bit low and in some respects lower than the chinese who copied the machine in the first place

Post Thanks / Like
    hippy ≠ hipster

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MatFink View Post
    hippy ≠ hipster
    = beardy weirdy :P
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

10. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    It would be smart for builders nowdays to lic. quailty made lower priced copies of the real deal while still making the original high end one. This works well to still recoup time and money spent on your project. example:
    Floyd rose wammy bar guitar bridges-they will lic. you to make cheaper quality copy that is still made well and within there approved specs. They have several different versions of the same model so every one can afford one according to their needs.
    Example:If you are a heavy user that like to use the machine on a daily basis for hours go for the original that is made of the highest quailty that will last the abuse.If you were a guy that only pulled out the machine one a week etc go for the mid priced one.If you pull the machine out once in a blue moon go for the lowest one.
    Huh? Not going to bother getting into a big rant, but your post makes NO sense, on any level
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what make no sense? You would retain quailty control of your product by letting approved companys sell a good version of your machine(which would only sell to who you want) and you do not loose a ton of sells to thiefs as you would offer lower end yet still well made products similier to buying a car with the top of the line sports package,some upgrades or the base model. By do this you can still have out a good product based on your top of the line one that you still have control over while turning a profit and keeping tattooers happy.
    Pretty simple. People can hold on to the old days of tattooing all you want but the world marches on around you.Along time ago you never seen mass produced rotarys-they were all hand made except for the motors/bearings and even sometimes those were made in very small batches.But now we have cnc ones.
    So simply do the lic or let china etc mass produce crap copys of you product that will flood the market. If you have a basic model offered at a geat price most people would get that one instead of a cheap bootleg.Makes biz perfect sense for rotary machine makers that have production machines.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 12-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

13. Like merky liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    so when i started to build the marksman I thought it would cost but had no idea that it would tap my bank account and damn near put me in the streets,when i started getting parts made that i couldnt hand mill myself i found out i was in over my head... the back cap alone was quoted at $175 just for that one part. then the body was another $150, ect ect the machine cost way more then i could believe , but i set out and gave my word and wanted to bring something new to the table, so i work all day and night missing almost all my tattoo app to get this done when i said i would, im not saying its the best machine in the world but i put everything into i had, so if i seen somebody copy it and put some fancy stuff on it and call it there own , I think i would flip out and get on a plane ,,,now saying this, i know china will copy my machine again l..ike they did the u frame machine i made, but man we need to keep true to each other and stand up for our industry ,by not buying this crap and calling out these kinda ppl for bootlegging others hard work..Alot of people are not going to believe me but, Im not making much on these machines, ask some builder on here the price to have somthing to be milled and your thought of us making a killing on marking up the price on you guys would be gone, bottom line is we can't let this shit happen ! if you see somthing no matter how big of the name someone got ,you have to call them out right then and there. same thing with tattoos if the need help dont put a nice comment on it put what could make it better i know it hurts the person feeling but if they can open there eyes and learn then they will grow.

15. Like Jack Steel, Viking1 liked this post.