Post Thanks / Like

New to rotarys tips & advice

Hello all,

I am new to rotarys and thought i would start a thread for everyone new to rotarys. Feel free to leave tips on having your first rotary. Examples, How to make the motors last longer then normal and anything one should know about rotarys and making them last or the best way to run them. Tips on how they can be different then coils and tips on what needs to change. I heard many things about clip cords, rotation of the motor should run one way ect. Anything you can think of that would help someone with there 1st rotary. Stuff you wish you knew when you had your 1st.

If this thread should be elswhere im sorry and please feel free to move it (to all admins).

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go to the machine review section and start reading about any model you are interested in.

As for making them last longer. Clean, lube if needed, and run the motor in the right / same direction.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a good regulated powersupply to get the most from your rotary.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    True, I will check that out owlsden and thanks for the info. Thanks to you slicksteel also, You both seem to be big dogs on this site so i appreciate you taking time out to reply. Figured i would start a thread where anyone can give tips on making that 1st rotary last or any info that one should know about rotarys. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad I can help. But the only thing big about me on here is my mouth.

Another way people can help you is if you post some of your work then we might understand what you might be looking for. Although everyone has their own way of working, but some of what you like in coils is most likely a good place to start in rotaries. for example heavy lines or fine line. Bold color or grey wash?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to be of help i do not know it all but what i do know i try to share to others.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing