Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fist off i'm not fond of the design that was used, and the chick wiggled around a bit..i normally do a lot Higher quality than this.photo.JPG
    my review is based on the actual use of the machine
    i did a small tattoo, a very simple design today, with my Marksman.
    i used TTech.
    first thing i noticed it feels awkward for lining....not bad just awkward...after all its a completely different machine than i'm used to. i'm not used to having such a large grip, so i noticed my wrist getting a tad tired after an hour.
    i used it for a lil Black and grey shading, and did a lil colour blending in the tattoo. i was happy with that.
    the sound i think can be deceiving, for the speed of the stitch.
    My thoughts are its gonna be better for larger tattoos than small or medium...so it definitely will have its place.

2. Thanks OwlsDen thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great small review, you touched on my most nagging question. And that is how would it be to line with a machine that is so small but has such a large grip? It seems like you would naturally hold it a bit different from a normal machine set up. I imagine if it had a slightly smaller grip it would hold more like a sharpie than what I am guessing must feel more like a magnum marker. I personally don't mind a large grip if it is soft. Do you wind up holding it slightly differently or do you hold it the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    one quick add on to my review....i adjusted the needle depth for the shader only....i cut the tip on the liner, so i get more needle exposed for lining.
    so adjustment really wasnt an issue. i worked as low as 7 volts for shading and as high as 9 volts , for lining... might be too much at 9 volts, like i said the sound is deceiving .
    As for Lining it was Not as easy as i hoped for, but it is a learning curve... so i expect better results down the road.
    as for the grips i think the ones with Maxon Motor, which mine is gonna be big...
    i think i would have personally preferred a thinner grip...as i only use 1" for everything else. So that right there, is the awkwardness...i have nothing like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that when you are accustomed to 1" grips, this machine is a bit awkward to hold. I kept finding myself holding it way down by the tip, like actually holding the needle cartridge.
    I have fairly large hands and I think, for me, it felt just a little short actually. When I held it the way I would normally hold a machine (not way down on the tip) the end with the rca was resting almost "in" my hand and not really sticking up past it. I think for me, it would be a little more comfortable a bit longer.

OwlsDen mentioned a magnum marker... I think its slightly larger in diameter than a magnum, and the tapered end makes holding it a bit different.

Everything is held together by set screws. Each component is held in place to the previous component by a single screw on one side. This is fine, but, the connection between the motor housing and grip/tip is not ideal. As you tighten the set screw on the one side, the other side starts to lift slightly making an uneven connection. The instructions say not to tighten too much, but if the screw is too loose, the motor housing can actually come off. Too tight and the side lifts up and doesnt make a good fit (could possibly make the gears not mesh tight?). I feel like a set screw on both sides, or even better, a set screw on both sides and a small lip machined onto the motor housing where it fits into the next piece would hold it very well in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    throwhammer...with the Motor housing( where the motor and the gear box connect inside) i used medical tape to insure it doesnt come apart while using it. i had that issue, but easily resolved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that's exactly what I did too.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys, love hearing all info on what you guys have come up with. any question just call my shop 0-707-822-2828 Ted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merky View Post
    thanks guys, love hearing all info on what you guys have come up with. any question just call my shop 0-707-822-2828 Ted.
    PM'd.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i really want one of these to try out,... they look very interesting! i read alot of the reviews and seen alot of pics of work done with useing them and never really was interested with that because its diff strokes for diff folks! but this machine looks great and very comfortable! and that seems to be selling me the most! wish there was a way to get cheaper hawk cartridges since ttech is dirty as fuck and generic garbage,... but i guess it is what it is! this tool looks totally rad man! good shit!

Post Thanks / Like
    still havent received my machine yet man