Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

hello from Tommicrazy

Hi guys, I would like to say Hello, and introduce myself.

my name is Tommi, I was born in Poland, curently iam workin in Noregrets cheltenham in UK

it is great idea that rotary machines have own tattoo forum. I have been using them about two years for now, and they push out all my coil machine into box.

first ever rotary machine that I used about 3 years ago it was stealth, but it didnt catch to my work.... I stop very quickly to using it, it is just not my type of machine.

because I cant resist to buy new gadgets, I couldnt resist to get Hawk, personaly I love it, so far is one of my favorite machines ever, it is just bad that there is no better access to get cardriges, and they are bit expensive for every day use.

Hawk machine prove for me how god rotary machines can be.

My next one was Neuma.... it was great on the begining, but I found out my tattoos are fading quickly, and I sold it. I couldnt connect myself with pneumatic guns for good enought.

next one it was Swash Drive 6g. at the london tattoo convention, one my friend LENU recomended me this one, and it was a 10point shot, I love it, so much that I was trying to get another from australia limited edition 6g with adjustable stroke, and so far this is ma favorite machine ever untill now.

Also I was trying to get Stigma hyper ( because I ve seen many good reviews) I ordered one from scotland.... few months later... no machine ...no money back ... no response. .. seller from scotlad ( Iam not sure should I say name) totally ignored me and my other friend from our tattoo shop, he also ordered one few days after me. it was nearly one year ago, no money back untill now.

I was very dissapointed about stigma but I gave them other chance , and I get stigma fly at tattoo jam, straight from producer. nice machine, better for grey shading than swash drive, but for because dimensions, I still prefer swash, is just more handly.

my last rotary toy is dragonfly form inkmachines, really good machine, fantastic to tattoo everything, easy to use, but my customers complain about pain , not one but almost all of them, for some reason it hurts more, so iam not using it too oftet.

Iam also gret fan of SUNSKIN coil machines, I have nice collection, but since Iam using rotary machines, all my sunskins seem to fell bit heavy in my hand....

hope you wanst bored by reading it. sory for my mistakes, it is not ma best language.

if you are interested to see my tattoos, just try to find me at facebook as a tommicrazy or go straight into tommicrazy.com

last 2 years almost all my tattoos was done by rotary machines, so my galery is nearly 100% rotary made.

cheers.

see you at tattoo freeze in telford.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tommi & Welcome to the forum!

Interesting to read that people say the Dragonfly hurts a lot, I've heard that numerous times about the Hawk but not the Dragonfly.

Post Thanks / Like
    seriously, I bought my dragon fly in london this year, it was last one for sale so I bought pink one.... my reuglar customer even start putting coments into my facebook that they hate pink machine, and then they asked me to use previous ones. I dont know why is that, maybe because dragonfly rotary movement goin around small circle co hit is bit harder , swash drive rotation is goin around wide circle, so movement is bit less agresive, more like wave than just fast hit. if you will ask me which one is best to tattoo I will say all of them, but if I have to chose which one is most comfortable to work for hours then I will say swash or hawk.

if there could be only hit adjustment like on dragonfly, and that clever device to replace elastic bands, then swashdrive could be for me 10/10

Post Thanks / Like
    well welcome to the site...i looked for you on facebook... do you have a pic up you with big hair and glasses if so I sent 2 different request..one in a mc club and there other is my page... again wilcome..post some work

Post Thanks / Like
    hi tommi ,i'm just down the road from you in swindon -you bought the neumas of me!neo-tat is worth a try too mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello mike, nice to hear from you, i was thinkin to visit you in swindon, i still remember how big tattoo machines collection you have. Impressive, just incase if i will decide to buy some more guns. My friend Sass Obuhow is using neuma now, he was so obsesed about it that he is using it for everyday work and he is happy with it.

And thanks guys for FB requests

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you Tommi! Your story about swash and dragonfly was very interesting! I will have to look for you on facebook too!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tommy nice to meet you! Checked out your .com page and it seems like you have realy mastered all aspects of rotary work. Try some rapiers they are realy light and have some give- the more volts you use the harder it hits, but you can also back them off and get soft grey work and they dont hurt very much and are very light to.
    What hand motion do you prefere to use to get your amazing work-scrubing ,ovals etc and what type of ink and needles do you prefere?
    Last edited by slicksteel; 12-17-2010 at 07:10 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    basicly , iam using mostly starbrite2 inks, but also eternals and new intenze.

my favorite is still starbrite because the way how it is easy to mix those colours .

I like machines with strong hit and long stroke. I do mostly colour work, it is my faorite stuff.

iam using liners between 3 to 9, round shaders between 7-14, and mags usualy 7 to 23.

I like to work with basic layers of colours first, with no details on them... I like add details on separet sessions.. is better for final effect.it is quite good way if your customer is trusting you, half product tattoo with basic layers looks not interesting at all, but final result is that what brings back smile on customer faces.

needles are standars 0.35, but iam starting to use finer long taper needles last time, but I havent got any finished works yet.preete much all my gallery was done with standard quality needles.

the motion of my hand is diffrent all the time, depends what iam tattooing.it is hard to descirbe it.

some examples

there is lots of my new tattoos, but they should be ready for tattoo freeze in january, so until that I havent got any interesting new projects to show

Post Thanks / Like
    few more