Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes this can be a sign of bad tuning too, the power supply can be an issue. But I would also like to point out that some power supplies are more picky than others. A friend had a national power supply ( one of their nicest models ) and it ran all machines like a dream accept one from a friend of ours. His machine that he had built would do exactly the same thing you are describing. Turned out to be a reversed capacitor. Which was sending current back the wrong way and confusing the CPS circuit causing it to stop and start. Try it on an analog power supply. If it works fine then there is either or short somewhere or the cap could be reversed. Also the caps on the Micky Bee machines are not inline with the coils. You may want to wire it in like a standard machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also check the polarity of your hurricane, I hear that some are reversed. Crap things that they are there could be a short inside it as well. Test everything

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colleague of mine had the same issue with his Hurricane. Turned out it was shorting out intermittently on the 3 little prongs that hold it on the stand, the finger tip of a latex glove over each prong fixed it but it doesn't run all rotaries for some reason.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    but it doesn't run all rotaries for some reason.
    I know the reason-they're cack rip-offs ,that belong in your shitbox.

5. Like The Limey liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    the capacitor is possible as incorrectly fitted or damaged and must be renewed or the reverse polarity must be changed.

"ALWAYS REMEMBER"
    The contact screw adjusted "TOP" is always a PLUS (+) terminal and the bottom has the MINUS (-) POL.

I agree - OwlsDen - quite
    ?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    @The Limey

The "dial" is an example of possible POTI is Broken.
    I also HURRICAN and must say that I am so VERY VERY satisfied.

HURRICAN Power Supply - qulität cheaper price but good

inside the power supply the same HURRICAN USED TO BUILD is what is installed in the ORIGINAL CRITICAL Power Supply.
    Last edited by CROWN Machines; 12-26-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. i have heard of people having problems with this copy so i think its time to have a go with my other supply. Its the size of a house and probably weighs about the same so that should be fun dragging it to my shop lol.

Alie, the only change is the A bar changed to a speed bar so i will have to play around if this power supply idea goes tits up!