Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I m a bit confused about what to get :/ maybe rotary works ?

Hi all and best wishes
    I m looking for a rotary that can line, as i only use coils at the moment for that purpose, but i like the consistency of rotaries. I got an hyper v2 which is cool, but doesn t seem to hit hard enough for me
    I tried the hawk and liked the hit, but i must say i m not a massive fan of the cartridge system and the grip also.
    Anyway I heard great things about Rotary Works though, and they re the ones i m considering getting, plus i know a lot of you have some.
    Do they hit hard enough without rupturing the skin ?
    Could i line with without having to slow down my hand too much ?
    Are they close to the coil feel ? Any suggestion about the one with springs or the other plain brass ?
    Or any other suggestions ?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rotaryworks has a very long stroke, and can also be a very fast machine (depending upon which motor you get for it). Many people enjoy lining with it. It has NO problem with very large mags or rounds.

Extra long stroke neotat vivace also has a very long stroke, hits very hard, and can be made faster or slower if need be, to accommodate your hand speed. Both are lateral slide machines, making them feel very stable for groupings from 14rliners down to singles.

Dan Kubin makes a great machine, the cranker. It also has a long stroke and hits very hard. I've used it for lining with 14rounds and 5rounds with much success.

Those are the favorite that I own. They don't have adjustable give (though the cranker has a little bit of 'slip' which is nice), so they will all hit hard, if that's what you are looking for.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

3. Thanks aurelien thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant ! exactly what i wanted to know
    Also, did you try the spring RW ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ordered a pair from Dale

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    I have ordered a pair from Dale
    Bang for your buck, Dale's machines are hard to beat! Plus if for some reason they don't suit you they are popular enough that you won't be left too much out of pocket.

The only machines I've used that feel similar to a coil are the Inkjecta and Rapier 2.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    I received them a couple of days ago, and I m vrey pleased with it ! It just lines easily, fills in etc ... However one of them must have a motor problem I guess. It had a rattling sound at first, then slowed down and now just doesn't run. I took it apart to see what was wrong, as my boss tried one, but he used a grommet and there was grommet bits here and there. so I thought it could be it, but then with just the motor it s dead slow and the amperage is about 3 amp something at 3 volts against 0.79 for the second machine. I contacted Dale and am waiting for an answer but if someone knows if i can fix it in anyways, I ll take advices, as i am eagier to learn how rotaries work and all.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    I received them a couple of days ago, and I m vrey pleased with it ! It just lines easily, fills in etc ... However one of them must have a motor problem I guess. It had a rattling sound at first, then slowed down and now just doesn't run. I took it apart to see what was wrong, as my boss tried one, but he used a grommet and there was grommet bits here and there. so I thought it could be it, but then with just the motor it s dead slow and the amperage is about 3 amp something at 3 volts against 0.79 for the second machine. I contacted Dale and am waiting for an answer but if someone knows if i can fix it in anyways, I ll take advices, as i am eagier to learn how rotaries work and all.
    Dale will sort it out so don't worry. I love my alluminium Rotaryworks and often wonder if they'd be even better with a Maxon motor, I know that would bump up the cost, but if Dale made one I'd love to try it.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea dale will do ya right ,stand up guy!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    Dale will sort it out so don't worry. I love my alluminium Rotaryworks and often wonder if they'd be even better with a Maxon motor, I know that would bump up the cost, but if Dale made one I'd love to try it.
    Buy a motor and try it out! Dale has a video showing how to dismantle the machines.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of his motors are a little strange on some power supplies. Sounds like you might have a 6volt motor. Try replacing it with a 12volt motor. I have one of his machines and every now and then it stops, but if I hit the peddle again it comes right back on. When it makes me crazy enough I will just grab a 12v motor. They aren't expensive and it would most likely be cheaper than sending it back to him. Regardless he will sort it out I am sure.