Post Thanks / Like

Question Hawk Spirit Maintenance ?? Power up to start ?

Hey Guys
    Looked around a bit and i don`t seemed to find something about this problem...

My Spirit seems, as time goes, needs move voltage to start, and sometimes doesn`t start at lower voltage [7-9V] at all if i don`t undo the cartrige head to give it a clean start without it.. i expect to be a lubing problem in joint next to the motor, but they say not to put anything there .. Does anybody have something similar ? if i sould lube that joint any sugestions on what i should put on ? never oppened that chamber...

if there is already a tread about it can u please put a link ?

Post Thanks / Like
    i only have that problem with Cheyenne Cartridges, not with TTech...with my Spirit....no problems with Original

Post Thanks / Like
    i use ttech : ( and still have it, but just in the last 1-2 months..machine seems more lazy now ..used to line at around 7-8V now i need 9-10 suddenly..

Post Thanks / Like
    i usualy line around 11 volts anyways so that doesnt tell me it slow...but in generall i find it weaker than the original..and it supposed to have a better motor
    ive read a couple of reviews on the new THUNDER i'll probably pick one of those up.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just made a new cord to deal with the voltage problem-it helps kickstart it at low volts-unimax has it for sell.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    i was kinda wondering about a crappy cord...i'm using the one that came with mine...thin as dental floss..not quite..but thin..lol
    i bought one from TheSource/Radio Shack for my old Hawk.. might go buy another...
    ultimately i'd love to convert mt Spirit to an RCA..i started undoing the set screw the other day...it looks like it would be pretty easy, but i chickened out