Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MAXON motors vs. MABUCHI vs. other brand...

HELLO

i currently use a MAXON motor for my ROTARY 5 WATT power, pretty happy with him, i sty test few different model from MABUCHI, and some are good, before i always scared to use this kind of motors becouse they common cheap motor, but some model work pretty cool, im very surprise about this

for my opinion the big size motor, with more than 5 WATT power they very strong, the problem is the size, much more bigger respect MAXON, this is the big problem, my rotary have STY-UP SPRING, so need more power or the motor don survive so long, i don like ROTARY machine when the needle stop outside tube, i don think is good idea, is retard for me, but are much more easy to build of course, and is possible use smaller motor with less power

is also true that small size motor from MAXON are very delicate, to much performance for the size, is like a small CAR ENGINE with lot of HP, don go to far...

some of u guys know exactly the model of MABUCHI used on NEO-TAT, would like to test also this one, maybe is already some of the one i sty test now, im not sure

i sty test also some NICHIBO motor from TAIWAN, same as MABUCHI, they good when is big size and more than 5 WATT, also some CITIZEN MICRO from JAPAN ,very good... one NAMIKI from JAPAN, awesome staff but very expencive and i have also a PORTESCAP motor, 23 mm diameter, amazing motor but so fucking expencive...

im waiting also from a GERMAN motor name GRAUPNER, look good, but they made in CHINA or TAIWAN 100%, but maybe they work good

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.faulhaber.de/ great German motors and can be slightly cheaper than maxon. I have a Neo Tat and a treasure chest. The treasure chest has a faulhaber motor and possibly a little more power. I can line as fast with it as a coil machine. It really is wonderful.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes faulhaber are very storng motors-for size and have a good power range-cary also uses a bit faster one in the rapier tos-which work great.I talked to them and they had good customer service and got back to me right away.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    FAULHABER is great motor, sure, GERMAN quality, they have a distributor in ITALY, but is more expencive than MAXON in ITALY, have a lot of power but little bit less RPM respect MAXON, i need try test one of them too, sure

now im surprise about MABUCHI....

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY, the RAPIER have STY UP SPRING ? i mean the needles always stop inside the tips, or whatever ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to pay import taxes on things shipped from Germany? I can't remember right now but there is a website that sells faulhaber motors for about 40€ incl VAT. I can try and find that site for you if that sounds interesting to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sb-modellbau.com/index.php?cPath=67_209

I believe this was the website for faulhaber motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO, thanx for de advise, don need pay IMPORT TAX in EU comunity, most of this DISTRIBUTORS, don have stock, u order from them, they order form the main source and delivery to u, so maybe they put up the price much more

i buy the MAXON motor for the ITALIAN OFFICAL DISTRIBUTOR, also, they don have stock, u oredr, they order from the SWISS main office and ship to u, FUCK ALL THEM , EVERYONE CAN DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS, I DON LIKE THIS WAY, NO ONE WANNA HAVE STOCK ANYMORE, BULLSHIT

but from them the price is exactly the sam eas the offical MAXON website

Post Thanks / Like
    What's an acceptable rpm on a motor?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would stay away from Nichibo. I tried some out that were a Mabuchi comparable to the ones I use, and the burned up within a day. very poor quality, and didn't live up to the stats that were posted.