Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    COOL, MAN GREAT REPLY U GIVE TO ALL... ALWAYS GOOD HAVE OPINION OF SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE

i sty test now some MABUCHI, and relly good staff, i sty scared about low WATT, becouse need much more power for run ROTARY with STY UP SPRING, when start the motor gonna force a lot, i think more WATT = LESS STRESS, but your motor have 3 WATT and your machines run very great, so is pretty good aroun 3 watt power

i gonna test some MABUCHI with less power and i see, thanx for your advise...

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to admit to you folks......but that company and I went way back, back to when their catalog was about 8 pages long. Then with every new catalog they printed after that, had one of my machine designs on the front cover. I haven't seen their last catalog, but they had become books that must cost them $15 or more to print each.....getting warmer?
    The same company that I made these parts for, worked out the details for, designed and gave to them for nada....just because I was making their stuff and if I could continue to make their stuff.....I would have a good continuing customer.
    Silly me......always believing in people.....
    The same grips I have talked about....I made in the tens of thousands for them. This was my "bread and butter" job. Well, they just stopped ordering them. Now they could never keep track of their purchasing, so I would just run them and stock pile the grips at my place.....again good customer and it is easier for me to do a thousand versus 100. So when they would call to place the order....I would have them on hand and ready to ship.

I don't hear from them for some time....and knowing their sales better than they do..... I expected to have sold them more by now.
    So I call em...they say "oh,business is slow" Ok, I can buy that. But now it is going on a few months and still no grips, but they have an order for parts of one machine that I am still making for them.
    So it's time to make the delivery and I'm like family to most of the guys and gals there, so I would always just walk in and proceed behind the counter, say hi on my way thru. I'm carrying the first box of parts and pass by the isle where the grips are.....and behold, thousands of grips that are not mine! At this same time, the purchaser catches a glimse of me and darts around the corner to avoid me.
    I set the box down on a receiving bench and walk right into the GM's office. I ask Walter...."so what's the deal with the grips??"
    He goes on to tell me that he could purchase the grips for 4 cents apiece cheaper than from me.....I kinda get aggitated with this! I say...."so, after all our time working together you don't think you should have called me and told me you could get them cheaper? and that I wouldn't be given the chance to meet or beat the price?" ....I would have beat the price.
    Then comes.....
    The famous quote......I will never forget! he said....."We want to be the Walmart of the tattoo industry"
    My response was...."Well, that is a hell of a thing to aspire to!"......and walked out.

The end.

Want to talk about "off subject?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I know it is off topic, but I would love to hear that story of that machine you designed and built for some company. I assume I know exactly which one that is. Ironicly enough I almost bought that machine when I first started an apprenticeship back in the 90s. I could be wrong.

3. Thanks OwlsDen thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh...I forgot.... The grips were from China

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe just a lighter return spring?
    Quote Originally Posted by No Iron Machines View Post
    COOL, MAN GREAT REPLY U GIVE TO ALL... ALWAYS GOOD HAVE OPINION OF SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE

i sty test now some MABUCHI, and relly good staff, i sty scared about low WATT, becouse need much more power for run ROTARY with STY UP SPRING, when start the motor gonna force a lot, i think more WATT = LESS STRESS, but your motor have 3 WATT and your machines run very great, so is pretty good aroun 3 watt power

i gonna test some MABUCHI with less power and i see, thanx for your advise...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the story, it is sad that our industry has come so far just to be so terrible.

7. Like Cesar liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oversaturation of any industry brings more people trying to be the "Wal-Mart" of the respective industry. Same thing goes with shop where I've seen guys try and make it a franchise. SMH

Post Thanks / Like
    OH and thanks for all the info guys, it's fascinating to read all the info on the motors. That way it's easier for one to make an informed choice towards what machine will work towards your particular style. I've been thoroughly educated. Thanks!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lesson nuber one : Don't underestimate the other guys greed...

11. Like Cesar liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear that story. I started a body jewelry company in the basement of my tattoo shop in 92. The same thing happened to me, a customer, a good customer, took my whole catalog and samples to China and knocked them all off. took my wholesale price (of the entire industry) from $9 to $3 overnight. Destroyed the quality of almost everything produced. within 2 or 3 years they were selling items for less than MATERIAL COST. I guess with the currency manipulation and government subsidies how else? Then the owner of the Chinese factory that was stealing from me came to visit me! Tried to sell me his garbage. showed me pictures of his factory, with 1000 girls, all under 24 years old, they got $0.50 a day for a 12 hour shift. his entire monthly payroll was just a bit over double of mine, of 22 people, yet my guys and gals got health insurance, workmans comp, etc. He ruined the industry, sorry but the Chinese have a deep hate for the colonizers - so stealing our intellectual property is nothing to them. Ask hollywood about theft! sorry for the rant but this stuff gets me HOT under the collar.

13. Like Eturnus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. There really are times that some people really deserve to be beat the fuck down.