Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Wish someone would make cheap simple brass donut weights(maybe 5-10mm tall) that can be slid onto a tubeshank between the grip and machine. Might help add an ounce in a nice centered location. I might have to go to home depot soon and play with stainless and brass washers.
    No disrespect, but just buy bigger grips surely?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like a mid weight machine. The old Neo is about perfect for me. I love the near zero vibration. The weight makes it effortless. When I get it dialed in it just feels natural. I have a lighter machine and I love it, it has speed and power. However there is a lot more vibration, especially when using disposables. I would love a brass or bronze Neo. I think that no matter what direction you choose, someone will like it and buy it. The market is a little saturated, more so everyday. But it has been that way with coils for a long time.

3. Like ckjr liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weight and balance of my Neo Tat suits me perfect..All of my other machines distract me from the tattoo process in one form or another...to light, to heavy, un balanced etc. I don't want to fight with my machine while I'm tattooing, I don't want to think about my machine at all. It's all about being able to focus on the art. The original Neo Tat is like a wall flower...It's great. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the neotat and rotaryworks, neotat is the better balanced of the 2 ...tho i've recently started using coils again a bit and tbh the weight is kinda nice (steadying for linework for sure!)

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The personal thing is what I do believe. You know, we hear of folks that love one machine and hate another and then visa-versa.....when both are fine machines. So there is no perfect "tattoo-o-matic" in the world.
    I have built some special machines for artists and some I hate and others I can't see them working worth a shit......then only to feel very nice. I'm going to try doing more onesy-twosy machines just to break up the norm. I want to put some more of me in some machines......but not just to have display items. That would dissapoint me to make a machine just to be a poser.

Kinda why I'm asking you guys.

I have done the custom anodizing.....done the engraving....the special machining.....but nothing so far has really done it for me. I've done some metal coloring and such, but what I want to do is relief carving in say brass....but the brass gets heavy. A Neotat in brass is about 10 oz and a Vivace in brass is 7. Carving would lighten the load....but not that much.
    Then......The time involved. It becomes a labor of love.....have done blacksmithing and metal art in the past and if you like working for .10 cents an hour....it's great.
    Plus....having done commisioned work, it gets to me when I can't finish the piece. In fact, it drives me nuts! Can't get in the right groove and energy to be creative or.... got the vision and have to finish another bunch of parts and can't put forth the time.

None of you have the same problem.......right? lol

I know.....off topic, again. It's an OF thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see some photos, sounds like some incredible stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    No disrespect, but just buy bigger grips surely?
    I'm already using 1" grips and covers. I used one of my steel coil shaders with a plastic tube the other day for a small tat and it was so crazy top heavy. I almost always have 10-15mm space between my grip and vice so the spacer weight would work well for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm already using 1" grips and covers. I used one of my steel coil shaders with a plastic tube the other day for a small tat and it was so crazy top heavy. I almost always have 10-15mm space between my grip and vice so the spacer weight would work well for me.
    Get some round stock stainless, a band saw, and a drill press and make some prototypes. Or make it out of cast iron and have it powder coated.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ray...just send them to me...I'll carve them up all fancy

11. Like OwlsDen liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've a feeling you may be a Tattooer with big hands. These are the heaviest grips I've come accross,I have a couple and they're too much for me, you might like em though, cheaper than a band saw and a drill press.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1706697380...84.m1423.l2649