Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    You can find on Unimax Homepage more information than at the hawk website !
    This is ridiculous !
    I have contact them 2 times,no feedback !
    Maybe they are more bussy with count money !
    That has always been an opinion of mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder what the hang is on the Stainless Steel Grip without a depth adjustment? Wonder if unimax knows?
    By the way unimaxs grip covers rock!!!
    So I guess the new cord will make the older hawks run lower volts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably nothing more than an inline capacitor, like on an a/c unit, to kick it over at lower volts, the original ones can't gain enough inertia to start running at lower volts, i.e. you can start em running and turn them down, but then it won't start if you step off the pedal again.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ordered mine today.... kinda excited I've been looking into getting one for a while and now that it has the longer stroke I decided its time. on a side note the lady at unimax had me confused saying that they were out of the "conversion jacks" but as i was trying to figure out if that was really what they were out of she lead me to believe that she was talking about the "new start up cable"..... and then said it was for sure the "conversion jack" and that if i wanted to purchase it i could for the price of the "new start up cable"..... I'm so confused... anyways lets see what actually comes in the mail. haha lets hope its the conversion plug.. pretty sure i can get that at radio shack. Anyone else order from unimax and get the confusing run around about the mystery cable they don't have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    ordered mine today.... kinda excited I've been looking into getting one for a while and now that it has the longer stroke I decided its time. on a side note the lady at unimax had me confused saying that they were out of the "conversion jacks" but as i was trying to figure out if that was really what they were out of she lead me to believe that she was talking about the "new start up cable"..... and then said it was for sure the "conversion jack" and that if i wanted to purchase it i could for the price of the "new start up cable"..... I'm so confused... anyways lets see what actually comes in the mail. haha lets hope its the conversion plug.. pretty sure i can get that at radio shack. Anyone else order from unimax and get the confusing run around about the mystery cable they don't have?
    They talking about the start up cable you need for thunder to start on lower volts !
    If you dont have this one you must raise the volt up to start,on every start !
    In germany they will sell this cable end of february !
    If you have the original power supply you dont need it !
    4150_0.jpg

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    They talking about the start up cable you need for thunder to start on lower volts !
    If you dont have this one you must raise the volt up to start,on every start !
    In germany they will sell this cable end of february !
    If you have the original power supply you dont need it !
    shitty, i figured that's what it was, but she kept saying "conversion jacks". guess ill have to wait to get my hands on the start up cable. now i'm curious to see what they send... cause the websight says the motor includes the start up cable and the conversion jack.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my thunder today minus the start up cable... It still turns over at 3 volts with my ems400. Not sure if it's even necessary? Got a 12 hour day of appointments today excited to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine arrived today too woooo!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    Got my thunder today minus the start up cable... It still turns over at 3 volts with my ems400. Not sure if it's even necessary? Got a 12 hour day of appointments today excited to try it out.
    doh.... Tried it with an actual hawk cartridge.... Won't start at low volts.... The rubberband in my old tester ttech cartridge must be super loose. guess ill have to wait till for the cable.

Post Thanks / Like
    can't be much different to the old hawk though is it?
    I wont have chance to try mine till tomorrow