Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the neatest thing about the thunder is the use of a ball bearing motor,there's no magnets involved. Here's a clip of what one looks like in action, and why it needs a push to get started, the only draw back of this type of motor is it can produce massive amounts of heat, but with the constant starting and stopping of tattoo machines heat shouldn't be an issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=g60okBMeTKo
    Last edited by Jim; 02-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using my brand new Thunder machine. I have to say one of the best parts of the machine is the ability to adjust the stroke with just a twist of the grip. The twist click system is great! It's worth the money. The machine is so precise I feel like there is no wasted movement, the needle is secure in that cartridge do to flaps holding it to the back of the cartridge. I am getting rid of all my other equipment as we speak. i have used coils and also the Neo Tat, and Bishop machines. Setup is faster, breakdown is faster and cleaner. My tattooing feels more like painting and less trying to get my machine right. I highly recommend it!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broke down and bought a pu1 and its runs soo much better than it did on my ems400. Worth the 300 for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you mean better?

I'm starting to feel unsure really how much better the thunder is compared to the original. I think my lining was maybe a little more consistent with the old one, and it definitely started up easier.
    (I did say in another thread that my startup cable had arrived, but when I went to collect it, it was something else)

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to the guys from Cheyenne the start up cable only works in Europe right now. Apperantly the power is different enough that it won't work in USA. The Cheyenne pu1 starts up the spirit and thunder at crazy low volts and also seems to run smoother. Not sad at my 260$ investment at all.

Post Thanks / Like

thunder

i used the hawk for a year and a half and i thort it was great. the thunder is much better you can line with ease. as far as i am concernd it is a much better machine then the old one

Post Thanks / Like
    if you turn the grip to max out so it is at the shortist stroke it should start.