Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Lawn Guyland, new yawk

fuggedaboutit! (sorry, had to do that,lol)..I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm an old tattoo artist from long Island, NY who happens to love rotary tattoo machines. I also build custom steampunk inspired tattoo equipment. I've been here a few days and I've already met a few really nice people here (and learned a little bit of all things rotary)

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you aboard! Your builds are top shelf!

How did you find the forum?

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard... the steam-punk / victorian inspired stuff you make is gorgeous!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. I found the forum while doing a google search of custom rotary tattoo machines..

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your products are beautiful! I think the old crystal radio look is the best, and you inspire me to make more custom devices.....I really like that "past time" look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdadio View Post
    Your products are beautiful! I think the old crystal radio look is the best, and you inspire me to make more custom devices.....I really like that "past time" look.
    thanks. a couple of years ago I noticed with the whole "traditional" craze coming back that there were people making custom retro looking footswitches and tattoo machines. I wondered why no one had thought of making antique looking tattoo power supply's?..so, I started working on one myself. It took me 2 years to come up with something I thought was good enough. I firgured by the time I had gotten everything all worked out someone else would've come along and done it before me. but 2 yers later and I still haven't found anyone doing it. I've seen guys take some of my footswitch idea's and incorporate them in their own designs (as I did with the guys who came before me) but I'm surprised that the power supply is still a largely uncustomized piece of tattoo equipment..

Post Thanks / Like
    man those things are so dope..have you ever etched a stealth body? hmm or even my neo tat..thinking ..thinking...!!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea i was thinking to etch my neotat after seein how cool it looks on the bishop

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way, fatcashdaddy! I was actually considering trying to figure out how to make a regular clipcord into a clip to RCA cord attachment (so as not to have so many cords all over my work station). Looks like you may already have done it? Cool! Now I'm not as worried that I might blow something up if I try to make one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    No way, fatcashdaddy! I was actually considering trying to figure out how to make a regular clipcord into a clip to RCA cord attachment (so as not to have so many cords all over my work station). Looks like you may already have done it? Cool! Now I'm not as worried that I might blow something up if I try to make one!
    Alie is actually pretty easy to do. If you send me an address I'll send you the clipcord piece I made. then all you have to do is get a 1/4" male to 1/4" male equipment cord (guitar cord,etc.) and radio shack makes all kinds of attachments..I use a clipcord for some of my machines and 1/8" jack for some. I just went to radio shack and bought a 1/8" male to 1/4" female adapter..now I just unplug adapters and change them as needed using the same cord..