This is my review of the Action Rotary, I won't go into cost or History of the Machine, you can read it yourself on www.noironmachines.com. As usual, I am not associated with the company, in any way. This is my impartial view based on my experience, and may not reflect your ability to get the most out of the Machine...Phew...

Whats in the Box.. You get a Solid, heavyweight Framed maxon A-max motor. Functionality looks like it was more important than Frame design,(nothing wrong with that),as the motor and frame are well balanced. To be honest, the frame is easily cleaned and has been well machined, and has nice clean detailing (if that matters). You get both RCA and Clippy connections...You are advised to tape over the RCA if using the Clippy in case of Shorting out AKA Wires from the Clippy hit the RCA Connection.You also get 3 Pivots/Plugs and some small o-rings-I will go into this later.

How does it Work..Well you have a choice of 3 Pivots/Plugs..These are Orange-Soft hit, Grey Medium hit and Yellow Hard hit..You NEED to place a small o-ring (provided) onto the nipple of the Pivot/Plug before you place your standard grommet, the o-ring just acts as a spacer/washer so your needle bar goes down the centre of the tube..TBH a piece of tissue paper would suffice.

How does it Perform..Don't expect the "Give" factors of a Stigma/Nedz/Fly/Hawk etc etc etc..In my opinion, what we have is a trad Direct Drive on steroids..The Action Rotary has the best qualities of a Direct Drive, it is hard, fast and punchy.The Linear motion is perfect, the machine is heavy (same weight as a small coil machine) but the balance is spot on. Little or no vibration. I did feel some "Give" factor in changing over the Pivots/Plugs..I wouldn't call it give, a better word would be "Dampening", the Pivots/Plugs are more like Small shock absorbers, and they do work well.

What can it do..Probably everything to be honest.Line/Saturation/Blending/B&G..Please don't think of this as your first Rotary, well it could be if you love Direct Drive Machines...It will line (I will always prefer Coils forthis task),but, with a 5rl-Yellow Pivot/Plug it was a Joy, Shading and most Colour work will be carried out with the Grey Pivot/Plug, soft Shading and Other work will be carried out using the Orange Pivot/Plug.

Summary..Denis (
www.noironmachines.com) has suggested what Volts to use with certain Pivots/Plugs, as usual I feel it is up to the individual to work this out for themselves, I ain't gonna say 8v's with the Yellow Pivot/Plug and someone drills a wrist with a tight 3RL....However, it is an easy machine to get along with..I will be doing a solid Black infill tomorrow, I will use the "recommended" settings and get back with how I get on.

My Opinion..This crosses the divide Between the Direct Drives (NEOTAT/Rotaryworks etc) and the Give System Machines Fly/Whip etc etc...As long as you start slow, and treat it like something you never tried before, this could be a Daily Driver..

Give me a day or two and I will fire up some more info regarding the Action Rotary...Would I buy another one, Fuk Yeah....