Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

water color paper

so I was wonder what other water color artists use for paper.. I have been 140 lb cold press..but it is so lumpy that the line work always looks like crap.. any other good paper that wont tear up buckle when water color
    VAGABOND JAY

2. Like Sage Oz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    its all in the brands too.. arches 140lb cold press is pretty rough stuff but i love the look of it. strathmore 400series isnt as textured, and is still pretty good. or you could go for hot press. its very smooth! blending is a little tougher on hot press though. i dont like canson 140lb cold press or strathmore 300series cold press.. maybe try a heavier paper as well. ive used 300 lb and its nice! doesnt buckle very much at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Bristol board is nice and smooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I was using the strathmore 300 series I will try the bristol paper..actually the artists in the shop has some and I tried it out.. I like it much better
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Bristol is also especially good for water color pencils. I used to mainly use water color paper and then a friend was using Bristol and gave me a piece. I will most likely never look back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I like the 140 pound cold press arches, but have been using the strathmore lately. What are you lining with #1 micron?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try these for your lines, they also come in oil...I've found them far better then Microns. Comes in different sizes and colors...http://www.michaels.com/Sharpie®-Wat...-paint&start=8 These work very well on acrylic...which is what I mostly paint with. For BOLD outlines they're killer.
    Last edited by Inkslingers; 01-19-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I have those too they do pretty good. I still like my microns , I dont have a problem with them. I like trying new stuff for my sheets tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    webb1.jpgwebb2.jpgwebb3.jpgwebb4.jpgwebb5.jpg so the 1st 2 pics are on bristol and the other are on 300 series water color paper..I really like the bristol paper. the 3rd and 5th parge are design's that I just found in some old shit and re vamped them..the others are all my drawings. thanks for the input on the paper..the microns work great on the bristol vellum paper.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, damnit now I need to kick my own ass and get pen to paper. Thanks for the motivation!