Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary motors ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I am confused too. The first post asked how to measure and find them online. I thought I answered that pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    To my knowledge, nobody uses brushless motors for tattoo machines because you need a special speed control wired in. It'd be nice for performance and longevity, but it isn't very viable.
    I agree though, most builders don't want to make their motor specs public as it makes it that much easier to have your designs ripped off by douchebags.
    Actually, there is a rotary on the market that uses a brushless motor....
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Wait wait what? Help you with what?
    My thoughts! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well first owlsden did already help me pretty much.

I want to have a back up motor for my dragon fly and am trying to see if i can find one in the usa and save some money. I don't want to always order out of the U.S and pay all the damn fees thats all. I didn't expect every builder to give there exact specs but that would be nice ,save us time ,money and its only the motor (that they don't build themselves). I cant see that much harm being done from helping customers have the freedom to buy other motors they may like to try out or just buy the same one themselves when needed besides builders loosing a little money. *At least don't charge more then what you pay for it. Its not like there building the motors they buy them from china ,japan ,swiss or wherever. Thats just my opinion *The point is i have to pay allot more then i should cause its out of the usa and i don't like fees , customs, stress and being tied down. *Builders in the usa are a little different cause no fees and vat and so on or if there is a life warranty but still i would like extra motors ready to go in*case. So yeah its that simple, i want to be able to buy my own maxon motors in the usa for much cheaper for my fly and future machines. * **

Like i said owlsden helped me out already (thanks) and i got a good amount of pm's from members and a really nice builder already. Thanks

"To the monkey on my back..Get off before i put your brains on the wall"*

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO

DRAGONFLY probable use FAULHABER, suppose the model 1724-012-SR, is small motor, so probable is this, but im not very very sure, u contact them and ask ?

also is not that easy change motor in a ROTARY, specially on DRAGONFLY, is very complicate machine, u need hvae some knowledge on TATTOO MACHINE maybe

also, sometime the MACHINES BUILDER they charge u more price for the spare parts, becouse many factory the have MINIMUN ORDER QUANTITY, so is different, immagine u call the FAULHABER and they tell u, ok the motor u want is 50 USD, but u need buy minimun 20, what u done ? this is one problem

Post Thanks / Like
    No Irons hit it on the head with that comment. It really isn't a case of a Builder charging more than wholesale as you do have to figure in the minimum quantity factor. Its great seeing it in a catologue persay for $50 then when you contact the builder he wants maybe $70. Normally in the catologue it will state the *from as little as* price. It's really down to the initial outlay for quantity etc. Good idea maybe if ya just wanting specs/Torque/Ratio's
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also a lot of builders order the motors to spec. So the price you see might be 50€ but when you upgrade the end bearing for prolonged use or upgrade to a sealed autoclavable motor ( yes some have an option for this ) the per unit price jumps quickly. Then if you may have to import the motor to where you build it, that adds customs fees. Also any euro motor you see tge price for may be without tge mandatory vat. Here in Germany that is 20%. So factor all that in and most builders are selling the motors at or just above cost. Not to mention that they are usually upgraded from stock. Besides how often do you kill motors? I have back up machines not motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    The stigma motors have codes on.. I looked in to replacing the motor on my Bizarre v1 and it was cheaper to post it back to stigma and pay for them to put a new one in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Something else that people need to keep in mind is that builders charge more for parts simply because they're trying to make a few bucks. Actually it's not even a matter of making money, but being compensated for having bought, stored and handled these items in the first place. Builders may very well get a motor or any other part at a certain price, but their paying shipping, handling charges, custom fees, packaging, etc. Plus their time...either that or they are paying someone else to take care of these things. No one is in this to take a loss, if they are they won't be around for very long.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dragonfly has Motor17x27 SR12Volt - 5Nm - Faulhaber ~ 1.Faulhaber engine of this size will cost 90euro a ~ a MAXON motor of this size with 17mm diameter, it is not - then only if custom-made product and 1x kostest about 160euro -
    ?