Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary motors ?

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary motors ?

What size motor is in the dragon fly ? Where can i buy that exact motor ? Any where besides from swiss to avoid vat ?

Where can we find rotary replacement motors for any machine ? This can be a thread to drop all info on motors and how to measure and find them online or local. Places to get the same motors cheaper then buying from companys. If you found motors that fit you machines and worked well please let everyone know.

I thought this would be a nice thread , When you need that motor this is the thread to read to see if someone knows where to buy it (its name/#).

I heard ebay has motors but what do you search for ? Anything to do with motors....

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing you need is a metric ruler. If you of course can not find a model number on the motor that you have. If it is round you will need 4 measurements. The shaft length and diameter, the body length and diameter. If it is a squashed can you will need the second diameter as well. Then you can shop via the faulhaber, maxon, portscap, mabuchi, etc website. Find a motor that fits the size. Then I recommend getting it in 12v as those are more. Compatible with more power supplies. Once you have the model number, punch it in google or eBay. Good luck

3. Thanks aurelien thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope someone has took measurments already ? This can be a great thread to post all info on motors and can help everyone when there motor goes or if ghey want a extra incase. Seem like they dont have many sizes of motors. Are the maxon dragon fly's brushless. Can anyonne help me with this.

All builders should post there motor specs on here to help us. Hopefully they wont hold back only to force us to pay more from them. Anyone know something about motors post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all builders want to share their secrets. Some hold this information sacred and you should feel honored when they do share. I also think that all builders sell replacement motors. Some will even replace them for free. I don't have a dragonfly to tell you what motor it takes. But if you visit the dragonfly website they have a parts catalog. Or if you have a real dragonfly, look inside.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don't like giving out excact specs..not right now at least.
    I also charge a little extra because I have to cut the shaft and wire it up...

It will take you a good minute to wire up a motor nice and neat if you have never done it before..
    If you do your homework, you should be able to find what you are looking for, though Maxon and Faulhauber are not likely to have many comparables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i was thinking to taje it apart but i just got the fly. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I hope someone has took measurments already ? This can be a great thread to post all info on motors and can help everyone when there motor goes or if ghey want a extra incase. Seem like they dont have many sizes of motors. Are the maxon dragon fly's brushless. Can anyonne help me with this.

All builders should post there motor specs on here to help us. Hopefully they wont hold back only to force us to pay more from them. Anyone know something about motors post it.
    I think you'd be asking a lot of builders to hand over information that they may have very well invested the time, money and effort to research and develop their machines...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    People share with others what they want. There should be no expectations.

10. Like OwlsDen liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge, nobody uses brushless motors for tattoo machines because you need a special speed control wired in. It'd be nice for performance and longevity, but it isn't very viable.
    I agree though, most builders don't want to make their motor specs public as it makes it that much easier to have your designs ripped off by douchebags.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait wait what? Help you with what?

13. Like OwlsDen liked this post.