Thread: swallow rotary

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    No, but I heard that he would be making one. I am sure it is worth trying.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got mine today but not gonna use it till in the morning at the studio will let u know how it goes

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they took they took the original design they had added a spring for the pivot and a porkier motor for more torque. and modified the frame to make up for the motor weight. What does the cost of this one come out around? When they where at the Toronto Tattoo convention a few years ago the original rotary that was similar to the Swiss (or even more so the original Ben Wight with the hooks) was round about what the swiss machine is retail cost wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    The machine is being sold for about £230 including VAT from one supplier here, which equates to around 360USD & about the same in CAD according to google.

Lauro Paolini has had a swiss-style rotary called Nuova Vertigo out for a while (sells on one site in the UK for £295 before 20% tax) but I've never really found much information on it or even read on this forum about anyone having used one.

This new Swallow rotary machine looks alright though... fairly reasonable price aswell.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes mate looks reel cool as well runs a 9 to 12 volt maxon motor feels well built i reckon it might be a bit noisey as well those bearing type with the arm to armature usually are cant wait to try it tho lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks interesting to try. Would like to hear more reviews before taking the plunge!

Post Thanks / Like
    maxon motor 11000rpm.i run it on 9-10v,great for onepass lining and colorpacking.very long stroke i think its more than 4 mm.it can push a 15 liner into the skin like my coil machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one...has a hell of a long stroke..like 5 or 6 mm uses a maxxon motor
    VAGABOND JAY