So, everything happened so quickly, I didn't really have time to make an earlier post about this issue with photos of the problem.

I was having a strange problem with the display on my EMS 400 power supply. I never dropped it, nor abused it. It gets cleaned with a paper towel sprayed with Bio-Text surface disinfectant. As I was giving it a good cleaning between clients (even though I use barrier film on the display, I still like to give it a quick rubdown), I noticed some cracks that began on the bottom of the resin, and were travelling up the side corners about an inch and a half.

After contact with Eikon and explaining what was wrong, I was told to return the supply to them and they would determine what they could do to fix it for me. Since I had a spare supply at the shop, I sent it away. I quickly got an email back once they received it, telling me that they would be replacing my supply with a new unit! Evidently, they have heard of this happening on only one other unit, and I think it may have been the first time someone sent one back to them.

All in all, they were very helpful, and very quick in turnaround. I had a replacement power supply within the week! (I suppose it helps that their supply house is not terribly far away from where I am).

I know there are a lot of Eikon haters out there, but I find them to be a reliable company, and very attentive to the needs of artists (I had the opportunity to try out their Griffin disposable tubes a while back, and I questioned the 'rubber' grips and suggested they make a posting on their site as to whether or not they were latex free as it is a health concern to many. They once again replied very quickly, and you'll notice a 'latex free' notification in the description of the product!).

Maybe it is because I am polite in asking these things, but it goes to show that if you have a problem with something (my supply was easily 6 months old-maybe older), they can be willing to assist you and make things right.