Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eikon EMS 400 Crack in Screen Great Customer Service

So, everything happened so quickly, I didn't really have time to make an earlier post about this issue with photos of the problem.

I was having a strange problem with the display on my EMS 400 power supply. I never dropped it, nor abused it. It gets cleaned with a paper towel sprayed with Bio-Text surface disinfectant. As I was giving it a good cleaning between clients (even though I use barrier film on the display, I still like to give it a quick rubdown), I noticed some cracks that began on the bottom of the resin, and were travelling up the side corners about an inch and a half.

After contact with Eikon and explaining what was wrong, I was told to return the supply to them and they would determine what they could do to fix it for me. Since I had a spare supply at the shop, I sent it away. I quickly got an email back once they received it, telling me that they would be replacing my supply with a new unit! Evidently, they have heard of this happening on only one other unit, and I think it may have been the first time someone sent one back to them.

All in all, they were very helpful, and very quick in turnaround. I had a replacement power supply within the week! (I suppose it helps that their supply house is not terribly far away from where I am).

I know there are a lot of Eikon haters out there, but I find them to be a reliable company, and very attentive to the needs of artists (I had the opportunity to try out their Griffin disposable tubes a while back, and I questioned the 'rubber' grips and suggested they make a posting on their site as to whether or not they were latex free as it is a health concern to many. They once again replied very quickly, and you'll notice a 'latex free' notification in the description of the product!).

Maybe it is because I am polite in asking these things, but it goes to show that if you have a problem with something (my supply was easily 6 months old-maybe older), they can be willing to assist you and make things right.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

2. Thanks The Limey thanked for this post.
    Like Viking1, DavidEngbaek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story, Allie. Thanks for sharing. I always like to hear that companies care not only about the products they sell, but also the people that rely on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm I do the same as you Alie I spray the power supply with disinfectant even though its completely covered with a freezer bag... Now Im a little worried...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My down button on my ems400 likes to stick while I'm tattooing and turn itself down to 0......I seran wrap the front of mine and then wipe it down after.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eikon are one of the Best suppliers out there. i use them regularly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Hmmm I do the same as you Alie I spray the power supply with disinfectant even though its completely covered with a freezer bag... Now Im a little worried...
    I would not worry. 2 of my coworkers have the same power supply and put it through much more abuse than me, and theirs are fine. I think I just had a 'funny' one. I told them about how I take care of it to let them know that I actually take care of it, and it wasn't me that broke it. Mine was probably a 'one in a million' freak problem, and I just wanted to share how helpful they were in remedying the situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    My down button on my ems400 likes to stick while I'm tattooing and turn itself down to 0......I seran wrap the front of mine and then wipe it down after.
    I find that the touch screen can be VERY sensitive. I once had a water bottle squirt a few droplets onto my screen (covered with a piece of barrier film - that stuff is great for so many things!). As the water droplets trickled down the front of the screen and ran over the buttons, it set them off! Who knows - maybe the saran wrap has something to do with it? Try some barrier film and see what happens. You can also use the film to put on things like a lamp, handle of a trash can, where you would grab a cart or mayo stand (so you can move the objects during a procedure if you need to). Couldn't hurt to try and see if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got this weird issue when the display is upside down, we got 3 of them and it happens of 2 devices

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    I got this weird issue when the display is upside down, we got 3 of them and it happens of 2 devices
    maybe thats one downside to the high tech equipment