Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChaos View Post
    you guys realize this thread is over 8 months old.. I was on the waiting list, but this machine has kinda vanished.
    Maybe it's just taking a long time with R&D? Sadly, it IS pneumatic, and that variety of machine seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. It would really be a shame to have put all that work into developing it, only to scrap the idea because nobody really uses air much anymore. It IS a really cool concept.

Also, there's an entry in their blog from July 31st 2011 saying that their computer didn't properly store emails for the waiting list. So if you never got a message from them, they could have lost your email. It says to sign up again if you are interested.
    Last edited by Alie K; 02-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On twitter and on his site he sates that they are done-they are in the process of assembly and doing videos on how to run it etc.
    http://instagr.am/p/lSaxQ/

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still here. I made the original machine and ran it for several months, then right after starting production, I thought "ya know I bet I could make this even smaller". So I did a smaller version. I have been running that one machine for almost a year and handed out 10 others to friends and let them use it. I'm more nit-pickey with my machines than I am with my tattoos. Being a perfectionist I refused to release them before I thought they were perfect!

I also used my own money, I have dumped close to 100k into this project with injection molds, ceramic bearings, and titanium parts. it's not going anywhere. Although there are people that hate air, if you read the question and answer section I explain why I haven't and won't add a motor to this design. The machines are done, and we have been assembling them. I spent hours writing a User Guide for them and I'm working on a DvD for use and dissassembly. I have tried to make the easiest transition I could from any machine. Every artist that has tested them is blown away at how easy they are to use.

Any of you that live close to Fort Worth Texas, I invite you to come down and check them out. We are planning on doing conventions that will have a booth set up to test the machine before you spend a dime.

4. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to ask any questions you guys might have on it, but I have addressed a lot on the website.
    Everyone that is on the list, is still on it. There are more adding themselves everyday. One more thing,
    I don't expect everyone to like it, this machine isn't for everyone. Air isn't dead, it just hasn't had the
    chance to show its full potential

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that's GREAT news! Too bad I don't live in Arlington anymore!!
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my pneumatic setup even though I put them down a year ago. This would give me an excuse to fire up the compressor again. I loved the disposable hosing, soaking my machines in madacide, and autoclaving them. No other machines can match that. My biggest gripe was the sound of pneumatic machines. It became aggravating to me, almost like nails on a chalkboard. It sounds like your machine is very quiet and if you can use compressors with a lower cost, more people might be likely to try your machines out. One question, how many c.f.m. does it take to run your machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    . It sounds like your machine is very quiet and if you can use compressors with a lower cost, more people might be likely to try your machines out. One question, how many c.f.m. does it take to run your machine?
    It is very quiet in comparison to the other pneumatic. I always got complaints about the sound of the other machine. Here's a video of the difference.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...o/45b87caf.mp4

I tried to get an accurate reading on CFM or SCFM, and found it to be extremely difficult. Getting that reading depends on sealevel, humidity, temp, and when it comes right down to it. It became such a pain
    In the ass to find out, I gave up. Since it ran on compressors more efficiently I didn't see a reason to pay
    hundreds of dollars to find out.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it is even more quiet as you have refined the design more.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds very quiet, nice job! I am excited to try a swashdrive pneumatic as well, I've never used a swash at all.

The reason I ask is, cfm is how someone will choose which compressor to buy. Noise decibel level, oil-less, and cfm is how I picked mine, I would be pissed if I bought a compressor that wasn't strong enough to run the cfm of your machine, or the compressor had to run continuously to keep up with the psi.

Also, what psi do you run your machines at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    that sounds very quiet, nice job! I am excited to try a swashdrive pneumatic as well, I've never used a swash at all.

The reason I ask is, cfm is how someone will choose which compressor to buy. Noise decibel level, oil-less, and cfm is how I picked mine, I would be pissed if I bought a compressor that wasn't strong enough to run the cfm of your machine, or the compressor had to run continuously to keep up with the psi.

Also, what psi do you run your machines at?
    It runs about 40%on and 60%off on a $68.00 oil-less pancake compressor from Home Depot.
    All of this stuff and setup is covered in the User Guide that will be avaliable on the Website FREE
    Feb 20th. I also will have free blue prints avaliable for building a box to quiet the noise of the compressor 75%.

I run my compressor regulator at 50psi and my little regualtor for the machines 13-20psi