Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Rotar shift2

has anyone used the rotar shift 2? if so please tell me about it. do u like it? whats it best used for? whats the volts on the eikon?
    please any input would be great... i have aquired this really kool looking machines from slicksteel, 1 hell of a huy to deal with, he hooked it up on a few trades and i cant wait to give it a try...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure they've been released yet. Did u check their site?

Post Thanks / Like
    they were just put out, slicksteel orderd it and had to wait forever and he traded it with me, so ill have it when i open tomarrow. whats the link to there website?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both of mine for at least four hours for the past two days. I packed color on a hand yesterday with ease. Right off the bat it was comfortable to use and quick to adapt to. The only issue's I noticed were 1.Tube vice is a little tuff to get snug while keeping the needle from twisting in the tube. 2. Does seem a little fragile 3. Smaller rubberbands are a must. And last, if you use rubber grommets, be careful when removing from machine. The armature came off one of mine today. Went back on easily though. I used them for some B&G today, tattooed like a charm. I also was able to observe the fact that lining with a Rotar would be a breeze. Color, I ran below 7.5 on my CX-2 15 mag. B&G today was at 6.5-7.0 11 & 15 mags. Also, it does seem like there is some 'give' there...... It is very light, and pretty quiet. I'm sure you will enjoy working with it.- Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    ty so much 4 the input i was just reafing on another post and kinda had me bugged out, but it seems like im gonna enjoy my new toy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyedDemon707 View Post
    I have used both of mine for at least four hours for the past two days. I packed color on a hand yesterday with ease. Right off the bat it was comfortable to use and quick to adapt to. The only issue's I noticed were 1.Tube vice is a little tuff to get snug while keeping the needle from twisting in the tube. 2. Does seem a little fragile 3. Smaller rubberbands are a must. And last, if you use rubber grommets, be careful when removing from machine. The armature came off one of mine today. Went back on easily though. I used them for some B&G today, tattooed like a charm. I also was able to observe the fact that lining with a Rotar would be a breeze. Color, I ran below 7.5 on my CX-2 15 mag. B&G today was at 6.5-7.0 11 & 15 mags. Also, it does seem like there is some 'give' there...... It is very light, and pretty quiet. I'm sure you will enjoy working with it.- Mike
    Spot on review, I've only used mine for color and black shading so far but am dying to try some lining with it soon...

7. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey fucker..i think those use a swash plate like the swash drive do and if they run like one it should be a great liner and color packer.. make sure you post a review on here.. the builder is on the site as well
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    ok i did a trad rose with the rotar today.... hmmm well the skrew fell out with the spring, keep in mind this thing was brand NEW... the vise for the tube is loose but its kool bcause the machine is sooo light it doesnt matter..... the machine made ink splatter more then i have ever seen in my life, i ran it about 6.50 volts , trid up and down... it did blend the color well yet i had to fight with this lil thing and as far as lines? well it wasnt too bad, it was solid yet i had to fight with it, and no im not a bumb when it comes to tattooing... so over all as of now i think the machine blows ass, yet it is trail and error and i will be fooling with it some more, but deff not my favorite right now, i personally think that when someone builds a machine esp and expensive one i think it should be tested and tried rather then take customers money when THE FUCKING thing aint ready... hopefully i will change my mind after using it more, if not... well im gonna end this right now...
    if anyone has ny input about this machine please let me know anything will help...

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had any splatter with mine yet. The set screws need loctite and the vise threads need greasing. That'll help with the two problems. It takes a bit of adjusting the two spring preload screws to get the right feel. I definately agree on the fact that it should have those bugs worked out and the thing manufactured and tested before selling it, sucked to have paid and them have to wait so long when I was lead to believe that it was in a drawer ready to be sold. That said I really do like mine a lot, though I've only done shading with it so far...

11. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont know if im diggin it