Post Thanks / Like

Original Cheyenne Hawk - loss of power

any ideas ?
    a couple of weeks ago i put some light oil on the bearing not realizing its self lubricating.
    i noticed a few days later that when holding the machne 'normally' it would loose power and increasing voltage wouldnt adjust the power to a point where it cut out at 12.5v (protective circuit)
    if i held the machine upside down it suddenly picks up power and operates normally.
    i stripped the machine and noted oil had migrated down to the back of the motor and onto the PCB. i dried it as best as i could, used a hairdryer on it too, rebuilt and tested - same thing !
    i stripped it again only to break the fekking wires off the PCB to the jack !!!
    a mate who is an electrical engineer took the machine to his lab where he re-attached the wires, not before removing the PCB from the motor and noting oil was on the back of the board, he dried it and rebuilt.
    when i got it back it worked great for 2 days, now im seeing the same power limited issue ???? again it picks up fine upside down...
    i really love this machine and im gutted that im getting this issue, any help/suggestions would be appreciated
    Julian

Post Thanks / Like
    Oil may be in the motor.

3. Like julianforrester liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt see anywhere in the manual where is requires oil. It has a two year warranty, id try to get rid of any and all evidence of oiling the machine n send it back to your supplier and they should replace any faulty parts. You may have to pay for the motor for oil in it. But you will have a working hawk again.