Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

special technique polarity?

just got what I think is a sling shot in trade here. Runs great but I dont want to damage the motor. Does anyone know if they are supposed to run clockwise or counter clockwise?
    Im gonna figure out how to rig an RCA and wanna make sure I get it right.

James Spooner

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd message Brian on here and ask. I am fairly certain though that positive is down and ground is up. If you have a multimeter you can test the power. Coming out of the clip cord to know for certain which is live and what is ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could take the motor out and look at it maybe youll find an arrow showing the direction

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Brian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's a Slingshot, the frame is ground, look real close you will see a wire going to one of the contacts, this is positive for your clip cord.. If you want to post a picture of the machine, I can confirm it for you..

5. Thanks OwlsDen thanked for this post.
    Like The Limey, Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brian, Great machine.
    I do see a mass of wires going towards the bottom point. So the positive goes on that one?

While your reading, do you happen to have an RCA conversion kit? I can do it myself but its not always pretty. haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do remember that machine quite well, it is one of my hand milled prototypes for Slingshot 3.0 before we sent the frames to be CNC produced. On that machine, the aluminum motor tube going through the Delrin frame is ground. There is only one wire on that machine and it is Positive (lower contact)

I don't have any universal RCA conversions at the moment, just the enclosed RCA boxes as seen on the Traxis model. The Traxis box would fit that machine but it would require milling off a small portion of the Delrin frame to attach it.. I know Eikon makes a universal RCA conversion that would work on that machine with basic hand tools. You could also go to Radio Shack and buy the RCA lug for $3.00 and make a simple L bracket..

I would be willing to convert it to RCA for you for free if you want to send it to me and cover the shipping, I would also install the dual ball bearings in the armature as the newer models use..

8. Like OwlsDen liked this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I would be willing to convert it to RCA for you for free if you want to send it to me and cover the shipping, I would also install the dual ball bearings in the armature as the newer models use..
    Now there is an offer you'd be hard pressed to turn down!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I do remember that machine quite well, it is one of my hand milled prototypes for Slingshot 3.0 before we sent the frames to be CNC produced. On that machine, the aluminum motor tube going through the Delrin frame is ground. There is only one wire on that machine and it is Positive (lower contact)

I don't have any universal RCA conversions at the moment, just the enclosed RCA boxes as seen on the Traxis model. The Traxis box would fit that machine but it would require milling off a small portion of the Delrin frame to attach it.. I know Eikon makes a universal RCA conversion that would work on that machine with basic hand tools. You could also go to Radio Shack and buy the RCA lug for $3.00 and make a simple L bracket..

wow, gotta love a builder that stands behind there stuff like that. Amazing guys at special techniques.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome Brian! I can't say no to having you do a free upgrade. Ill pm you for your mailing address. Thanks!

james

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the machine today safe and sound.. I will get started on it tonight, If I don't get it ready by Saturday for shipping, I'll send it back first thing Monday A.M.

13. Like OwlsDen liked this post.