Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that this thread is derailing, but I guess when you put it out there that you are apprenticing someone with only two years of studio time under your belt people might take issue...I've got just about six years in and I inherited an apprentice and it's amazing how unprepared I feel even now...I think everyone would agree that two years studio time isn't enough to experience some of the " oh shit " situations you have to understand before you can take someone else through it. At two years I felt like I was still working to understand the mechanics of application and still getting used to the different skin types and etc...Although it is good to get a refresher on your basic procedures...showing someone else really cements knowledge in the brain...
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah Im two and a half years in and though I work a lot more than some of the more experienced guys in my shop, I would never consider teaching someone else. I mean There are several things I could pass along but Im still working shit out myself all the time.
    What I do when someone asks me to teach them to tattoo is instead teach them how to get an apprentiship, starting with the fact the most serious artist wont teach you if youve been a scratcher for a grip of time already. Better to spend that time drawing.

Alas, we all think we know better and have to do it our own way (doing garbage tattoos for a while along the way)

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with a good tattoo artist apprenticing with two years, is that you and your apprentice will be learning together very soon ( not much mentoring at that time). The tattoo is looking pretty good so far, post up new pics when it's done. Oh ya and what kind of machines did you use on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I must " fix something". I've been working 2 years of studio time. nearly 2 years practice before that. I understand all your concerns, and understand them. But tattoos isnt really regular here, people just started to understand and get them. Its not like in the states. That means there's not alot of artist, Acctually i never met an artist yet i would hire as tattoo artist in my shop, to take care of customers. So the only thing i can do for my self. Is to create these artist, cuz they just isnt running around in the wild.
    People with a special set og skills of drawing, has come to me. For learning how to tattoo. Ofcourse there years isnt that wide, but i will be able to learn them all the basic skills they need, and alot of everything else!.
    With that said, i acctually understand all ur concerns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Logic that says you can only teach once you have everything figured out is flawed. An artist should always be growing and improving. Your sample is better than most of the tattoos done in my town that is full of shops.

Post Thanks / Like
    blind leading the blind,stop teaching people when you haven't even paid your dues. i've been tattooing fourteen years and haven't apprenticed anyone. this thing used to be like cosa nostra....it should be hard to get into.

7. Like asA liked this post.