Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things are gonna change. We were doing some digging on the cartridge based drive system and found this:

Cheyenee finally pulled the trigger and is going after t-tech and similar companies of these cartridge designs/tubes: http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/news.../er0229kk1.htm (posted just last week)

Anyways, just thought this was interesting info.

- Billy

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TATsoul View Post
    Things are gonna change. We were doing some digging on the cartridge based drive system and found this:

Cheyenee finally pulled the trigger and is going after t-tech and similar companies of these cartridge designs/tubes: http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/news.../er0229kk1.htm (posted just last week)

- Billy
    Crazy.. I wonder how far this can actually go. Especially beings they are pretty different it's not like they look or are built anywhere near the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TATsoul View Post

- Billy
    I don't use the Hawk or T-tech often, but a fellow artist in my studio does everyday. Unfortunately $3 a cartridge for the Cheyenne's is not very cost effective, especially when using 7-10 cartridges per day. If this is the case, unfortunately you'll see our Hawk's in the classifieds soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I don't think it will be doing Cheyenne any favors unless they reduce the cost of their cartridges. Also what next? Will they go after the marksman and the Edison machines next? What is more important to them? Selling needles? Or selling machines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Love the tubes, tempted to design my own mwwaaahhhahaha
    done that i did my own tube isy to do ill post pik later

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by machineboy80 View Post
    done that i did my own tube isy to do ill post pik later
    Please do.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with that, look at Rolex, Gucci, LV bags...
    It sucks to be copied especially when you work hard to come up with something original...
    Unfortunately a small alteration in the design can make the case go to waste.

I agree that those cartridges are a bit expensive but that doesn't give the right to anyone to snatch off a creation that probably took hours of engineering and lots of money.
    The T-Teck Cartridge has a different design and it's a one piece Unlike the Hawk...

It's a fine line...i you think about it all coil machines are almost identical to the O'Reilly's version...should be all sued...Maybe
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same with Rotaries, the Spaulding revolution has similar system as most glide drive systems machines including my own.
    ]
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Same with Rotaries, the Spaulding revolution has similar system as most glide drive systems machines including my own.
    ]
    And Ray ( Neo Tat ) was the builder of that machine.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    this will go nowhere..I've had all the different cartridges ( hawk,T-tech, the clear chinese ones and now the black ones). they all may look somewhat similiar on the outside and the concept is the same, but when you open them up each one is very different internally from the others. The hawk carts utilize a rubber boot for spring tension, none of the others do. the T-tech's use a rubberband and no boot for tension, none of the others do. the clear cartrides use a spring (no rubber boot) and have needle guides built into the tip (similiar to the hawk). and the black ones also use a spring but do not have any needle guides built into the tip... the hawk and T-tech's use needles that are soldered on to a needle bar that is then clipped and mounted into the cartridge. The clear chinese ones just have needles mounted to the plastic plunger (not soldered at the tip at all) and the black ones have needles soldered at the tip and mounted to a flat plastic end that is then attached to the plunger. the black ones are also a different size cartridge and will not fit anything but their own tubes... subtle differences, no doubt, but enough to void any patent infringment. I also don't think cheyenne invented this system ( I could be wrong), I believe this cartridge type system was used on certain permanent makeup machines before the hawk was engineered and they just adopted and adapted it to their line of machines....

these have been around for a long time and are smaller than any of the tattoo cartridges
    http://www.beauinstitute.com/catalog...dles-c-24.html

11. Like turnrock liked this post.