Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

changing the motor in the Vivace?

I have almost completely made my decision on my first rotary. I am looking into getting the Vivace in a 3.5 stroke. I thought it would be a good buy for me as I am sure I will want a machine in each stroke eventually.

I was wondering how hard the motors are to change out for them?
    Thanks!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The motor Cartridge to change the strokes? Two screws, loosen slide out pop new one in, wiggle the glide till it clicks and fits and finger tight the screws again.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks! doesnt sound too hard. but probably not something ill want to do to switch machines mid tattoo

Post Thanks / Like
    no it isnt hard at all... no way to f it up... you will like the new neo tat . I own one and it is nice
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    its nice jat bcause u like pink things in ur hand... just sayin... whats good wit ya homie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfro View Post
    I have almost completely made my decision on my first rotary. I am looking into getting the Vivace in a 3.5 stroke. I thought it would be a good buy for me as I am sure I will want a machine in each stroke eventually.

I was wondering how hard the motors are to change out for them?
    Thanks!
    motor is very easy to change out,got a vivace about a week ago had to clean due to ink back flowed thru tube.so i took it apart.to my surprise its very simple and basic..what realy surprised me more was the motor said made in china..uhhhhm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biggboy View Post
    motor is very easy to change out,got a vivace about a week ago had to clean due to ink back flowed thru tube.so i took it apart.to my surprise its very simple and basic..what realy surprised me more was the motor said made in china..uhhhhm
    I think it's been mentioned in a thread before that Ray uses a custome Mabuchi motor? They are a worldwide company so many of their motors may be made in China. Just because things state "made in china" doesn't make them bad quality. iPhones are built in China.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biggboy View Post
    Japanese company with motors factories all over. At one point they did have more made in Japan but after the earthquake maubuchi japan and maubuchi USA was not reachable at all. Most of thier manufacturing has been moved to china. Still maubuchi owned factories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopbyname View Post
    I think it's been mentioned in a thread before that Ray uses a custome Mabuchi motor? They are a worldwide company so many of their motors may be made in China. Just because things state "made in china" doesn't make them bad quality. iPhones are built in China.
    so true.i was just surprised.quality controlled china made products are great....especially with warranty..lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    If you own apple products you buy from a chinese factory.