Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Trying Mini-Evolution Some More

I have a client who came in with an illustration of a dragon that he wanted tattooed on his back. He's been a champ and sits really well. Today I had the chance to try out my experimental Mini-Evolution some more. Roman prefers it for lining, and I wanted to see how it did with some coloring and shading. It's meant for smaller configurations - up to 9's. I tried it with a 7mag today so that I could get into some of the little spots. I had another machine set up for the larger, 11mag.

**Sorry if the dog head is distracting - I post these to Tumblr, which go onto facebook, and they're such a 'pain in the ass' (nyuk nyuk!) about butts being visible.

tony dragon photo doggie .jpg

What really surprised me was the amount of give it had. It was really interesting. If you check out the front of the armature bar, you'll notice something very unique about this machine. It's got a swivel. I wasn't sure how it would affect the feel of tattooing, but it truly felt unusual for a rotary machine.

mini evolution detail.jpg

Now, I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up a coil to do any black and grey. Seriously, it's been a long time. I'm almost afraid they are rusting from lack of use! lol I've become very accustomed to the 'no give' feel of working with rotaries. I like how they can be adjusted with voltage, and I don't have to mess around with contact screws and spring tensions. This rotary REALLY reminded me of the way a coil machine feels! (or felt, I should say. haha)

It behaved very much like a coil - even when I got to the 'squishy parts' on my client, I was reminded of the way I used to stretch the skin to accommodate the give in a coil machine. It was kind of neat - but so much lighter than a coil!

I'm looking forward to using it a lot more and pushing this little machine's limits. It's very cool.
    Last edited by Alie K; 02-23-2012 at 02:01 AM.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    that tattoo is bad ass Alie!!! that machine also looks great.... who makes it? and where might i get my hands on one?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be adding one of these to my line-up. I'm deffinitly starting to come near to a conclusion, that crank style rotaries, be it spring mounted or pivot ,are of better overall performance than slide piston rotaries,they just seem to make an easier job of doing more things all around.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That pivot at the end of the armature is pretty cool, I wonder if that helps keep the needle action more linear?
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Killer tattoo Alie !! That swivel thing intrigues me a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries about the dogs head Im not eager to see a mans butt crack ^^

Sounds very interesting specially the "coil like feel but lighter" part... Sounds like the next machine on the list. Lucky for me I can pick one up at the Ink Explosion in Möänchengladbach and hopefully meet Roman personally

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    No worries about the dogs head Im not eager to see a mans butt crack ^^

Sounds very interesting specially the "coil like feel but lighter" part... Sounds like the next machine on the list. Lucky for me I can pick one up at the Ink Explosion in Möänchengladbach and hopefully meet Roman personally
    When is that?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    I'll be adding one of these to my line-up. I'm deffinitly starting to come near to a conclusion, that crank style rotaries, be it spring mounted or pivot ,are of better overall performance than slide piston rotaries,they just seem to make an easier job of doing more things all around.
    I agree Peter...the slide driven machines really dont suit me...my 2 mini evolutions are fantastic...I shall be seeing how they line with a big grouping liner very soon...i gotta feeling they will handle it easily!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.tattooinkexplosion.com/de/

One of the best locations you can imagine and a pretty good line up the last two years I havent checked for this year

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi chris,

hoffe alles gut bei dir??
    jo noch ein paar Tage dann ist es wieder soweit, INK EXPLOSION III - 500m von mir entfernt.

Besten Gruss
    Mario
    ?