Post Thanks / Like

Swashdrive Gen7 -- Different Clips / Recommendations

I just took my Gen7 apart for the first time (Ive always been afraid of breaking it) and I was stoked to realize how simple it is to swap out the hard and soft clips. However, after trying to change back to the softer ( "O" shaped) clip, I noticed the machine made a different (almost a stuttering?) whirring noise, opposed to the typical cleaner whirring i was used to.

I watched the machine as it ran, and as the clip moved back and forth, the bearing itself seemed to be going up and down as well. is there something stupid i overlooked when reassembling the softer clip?

I switched back to the harder clips for now, and it's much quieter than I'm used to. As much as I'm liking it, I'm wondering if my voltages should adjust accordingly while tattooing with the new clip? I would imagine the voltage should come down, but I would just some assurance, rather than waiting for newer tattoos to come back healed.

Hopefully I'm making enough sense to be helped here. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks much,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm . never noticed a change in sound. Did you lose any parts while putting it back together? There is that little washer. not sure what it does but Im sure its important.

james

Post Thanks / Like
    little washer? no, i didn't.

right now, as I use the hard clip, it sounds fine. but when I trry switching back to the soft clips, it has a muddier humming sound.. as if something's not right.

Post Thanks / Like
    is there anywhere i can send my gen7 to to be looked at/serviced, although I bought my gen7 on ebay? god i feel so stupid...

Post Thanks / Like
    watch the load on the clip...by this i mean when you put it together youve gotta push the bearing down towards the front of the machine a lil but make sure the bottom of the bearing is not hitting the machine itself...if it hits then release it a lil then tighten until it no longer hits.