Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotor Machine....

Just spotted this that i haven't seen before. Any ideas folks?
    Rotar.jpg
    Shop link.>>>http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/...Black_Red.html

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a bunch of threads about the Rotar <--- correct spelling. Apparently it is forever improving and is quite a good machine. But needs improvement still the next version is the one to buy I imagine.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not made in Germany either
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    And there was me thinking that i had found something new to talk about. Bugger! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm that is some shady shit. Why would they say manufactured in Germany? My understanding is that it is from the Philippines and uses a Mabuchi motor. Maybe they outsourced the frames to here in Germany that could explain the crazy long wait some people had.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you heard if there any good den?

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE mine, now that I've got it modified and know how to set it up. Works awesome for everything now. The tube vise is horrid though. Takes two minutes longer to adjust and tighten(which is kinda loose still), but it stays put since the weight is sooo lite. And man, it is light. Mine is only 53 grams. Super easy to move around and it lays it in with a really proper blend of speed and power(ive color packed with up to with an 11 mag) or smooth greys at speed with a lite touch. Amazing for such a small machine. Only thing left on it that really needs redesign is the vise and the slider as it is a bit underbuilt and prone to twisting. I ended up filing and polishing the frame flat where the armature post exits and adding a nylon washer under the nipple shimmed to allow free movement and it keeps the motion much more linear. I also with this machine am using needle runners and wraith grips with much satisfaction. Build quality is very good too, though i did need to file off a lot of sharp edges. I've already voided my warranty on it many times over lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it sounds like a great machine. And once they sort out the vice, I may try one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do we know when there remodel is due to be released and is it a Mabuchi motor??

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it's a mubachi motor. I've no idea as to the release of the next incarnation, might be a while since he just sent out these newest ones that were just assembled from the last machinists order a few weeks ago and probably still has some left. Nin said he will be changing the vise on the next one but not sure of any other fixes.