Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*NEW* Brass Vivace

So, I managed to get one of these babies.

woah sexy pic IMG-20120302-00044.jpg

All I can say is wow. Have not had a huge chance to use it yet. I literally only had one little tattoo (someone's house key with a chemical formula on it) that I had a chance to use it on. It's a long stroke machine. I used it for lining. It's amazing how the brass really absorbs every last little vibration (or so it seems to me).

keytumblr_m04lhhIZCY1qzl1wj.jpg

It is brass, so yes, it's heavy(ish) when compared to the other Vivace machines, but it really doesn't weigh much more than an average coil machine. To use it for lining was a breeze - it had some really nice balance behind it. That is occasionally a problem I find with some machines. When they are too light, they are difficult to control and I don't always get the line stability I want (except for a few different ones here and there that have surprised me). I specifically have a machine for small liners, made by Safwan (of Imago Tattoo in Montreal). It's a lovely little machine but heavy. Really puts those skinny little lines in nice, though. That's what I like about this machine too. Really stable.

Not only does it feel stable, but it's just LOVELY! Nice shape and feel to it, and it has a really interesting patina to it. I am really looking forward to seeing how the brass ages.

I'll post some work I did with it as I get to use it. Super rad piece to add to the collection!!
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a sexy lil machine! Would you say it is heavier than the orig neotats?

Is this something Ray will be offering or was this a special deal you guys worked out?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a little bit heavier than the original Neotats, but barely noticible in my eyes.

This began as an extremely limited run by Ray, but now that the few are in circulation and he is getting very good feedback on them (and because people are attacking him at conventions for them) he is considering making them in small batches. From what I understand, it's a pain in the butt to make them, as cleaning the milling machines is quite labor intensive and he loses at least a day, sometimes 2 by the time he changes everything back over from one metal to another - (he recycles all the metal scraps, and needs to make sure the aluminum and brass don't mix), so perhaps his price tags will reflect the extra effort he has to put into doing that.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooohhh so jealous. I really want to get one and biomech carve it

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I'm a fan of the lightest possible machine, I would still love to play with one just to say I did. And to own one would be cool, especially if they might not be in mass production. Its like having a little piece-o-history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Oooohhh so jealous. I really want to get one and biomech carve it
    That would be so SICK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Alie can I carve yours? I can send you picks of some carvings so that you'll know I don't suck

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats a coooool lookin machine. still havent tried neo but want to really bad. that one, though, looks like it should be in a relic sort of case or something

Post Thanks / Like
    I <3 my Vivace. I would kill someone in front of their grandma to get my hands on one of these.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people get all the cool toys