Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzai View Post
    Eikon is having a contest now where the grand prize is one of the Hell City edition Vivace's. You guys should check that out, a red Vivace with the Hell City logo etched on it and Ray's siggy on the other side.
    Oooooooooo...... I want that.....

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good, I'm glad to see Eikon's contest going now. I only did 50 of those last year for Durb. Doing another 50 for this years Hell City show with different artwork and stuff......and yeah I'll put my little squiggle on them too. Not that my signature is worth much of anything.....

The brass machines are going to be limited at first and the project started with Nick Chaboya. I am making a run for him that will have his signature on the side along with a few other touches that should set it off nicely. His machine will only be available in 3.5mm and with clipcord pegs. And his pegs are machined differently and they were going to be brass but the copper suggestion was thrown out and I thought "wow, that could be cool" so maybe copper. I spoke with Nick and he seems down with the idea. See, I pay attention to you guys!

Watch for NIX this June and come see Nick.

And the brass thing......my guys HATE brass. The brass gets everywhere! and the slivers and shards are terrible! We would much rather machine stainless than brass. I really need a couple of machines to do just brass and nothing else. I had this one job that ran for more than a year making these oil manifolds for some big company.......thousands of these stinking things. And the chips were tiny and sharp and got everywhere.....so I had to listen to a bunch of whiny babies. And now I say brass and....ARGGG. so I did these to show them it wasn't so bad, right.....I picked shards for a day.

But back to the brass machine......it weighs 6.8 ounces. My original NeoTats weighed 5.7 oz and I have reduced them down to 5.5 oz in later years. The Vivace in phono jack weigh 4 oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    Man, I'm still waiting on my Vivace and you get one of the cool brass ones!
    I was thinking about you, but thought I would need to do yah a lime green machine, but didn't have em at the time. Then I did a small number of some really nice lime green ones......and forgot all about you. See how I am? No wonder people don't like me......lol

4. Like Alie K, The Limey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Some people get all the cool toys
    I know.....the cool kids get the cool toys.

Hey if it weren't for Alie and her idea to start a rotary tattoo forum.....we wouldn't be here.

So, kudos for Alie......and some cool shit too.

6. Like Alie K, The Limey, Cesar liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdadio View Post
    Oh good, I'm glad to see Eikon's contest going now. I only did 50 of those last year for Durb. Doing another 50 for this years Hell City show with different artwork and stuff......and yeah I'll put my little squiggle on them too. Not that my signature is worth much of anything.....

The brass machines are going to be limited at first and the project started with Nick Chaboya. I am making a run for him that will have his signature on the side along with a few other touches that should set it off nicely. His machine will only be available in 3.5mm and with clipcord pegs. And his pegs are machined differently and they were going to be brass but the copper suggestion was thrown out and I thought "wow, that could be cool" so maybe copper. I spoke with Nick and he seems down with the idea. See, I pay attention to you guys!

Watch for NIX this June and come see Nick.

And the brass thing......my guys HATE brass. The brass gets everywhere! and the slivers and shards are terrible! We would much rather machine stainless than brass. I really need a couple of machines to do just brass and nothing else. I had this one job that ran for more than a year making these oil manifolds for some big company.......thousands of these stinking things. And the chips were tiny and sharp and got everywhere.....so I had to listen to a bunch of whiny babies. And now I say brass and....ARGGG. so I did these to show them it wasn't so bad, right.....I picked shards for a day.

But back to the brass machine......it weighs 6.8 ounces. My original NeoTats weighed 5.7 oz and I have reduced them down to 5.5 oz in later years. The Vivace in phono jack weigh 4 oz.
    Hey Ray, if you don't mind my asking... will the Hellcity red be available for custom order? Like, IF i don't win the Eikon contest, can I get a Vivace spec ordered in that sexy red? btw, I love my orange long stroke vivace!
    Last edited by DiarrheaSuitcase; 03-03-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey if it weren't for Alie and her idea to start a rotary tattoo forum.....we wouldn't be here.

So, kudos for Alie......and some cool shit too.

Amen to that brother!

9. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdadio View Post
    I was thinking about you, but thought I would need to do yah a lime green machine, but didn't have em at the time. Then I did a small number of some really nice lime green ones......and forgot all about you. See how I am? No wonder people don't like me......lol
    LOL its all good Ray
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    bummer , the eikon contest is only for canada and u.s.a

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    bummer , the eikon contest is only for canada and u.s.a
    Looks like we're just gonna have to save up and buy one - its the next on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiarrheaSuitcase View Post
    Hey Ray, if you don't mind my asking... will the Hellcity red be available for custom order? Like, IF i don't win the Eikon contest, can I get a Vivace spec ordered in that sexy red? btw, I love my orange long stroke vivace!
    Never sure what colors I got......and I'm the one doing the anodizing! Yeah, I usually have some reds.....and that lime thing tooo. Give Karen a call at the shop and ask. You see.....I do these colors and have some on hand for special orders and she comes back when I'm not looking and gets an inventory of the cool stuff to sell over the phone.

14. Like Alie K liked this post.