Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    I can understand situations where "Give" is required, however, just adjust the Volts or use Handspeed instead....
    Exactly. And layering becomes key

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    I can understand situations where "Give" is required, however, just adjust the Volts or use Handspeed instead....
    I really like my DF short stroke,they're superb for B&G as anyone will confirm,however, I only turn the "Give" button down a tadge,and I don't really need to do that.I totally understand where people are coming from here, this "it must have give" business is well overblown. I've done some lovely shade work with my RW,and believe me ,they have no give,I was cleaning it one day and set it off by accident,it took a chunk out of my finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I might be missing something, however, in the simplest of terms this is how I understand "Give".......Hit a Nail into a bit of Wood, using a Metal Hammer takes 2 maybe 3 hits, before it is Home..Hit a Nail into a bit of Wood, using a Plastic Hammer takes 7 maybe 8 hits, before it is Home......as I said I might be missing something, and it's not trauma...use of volts, and hand speed will prevent trauma, no matter what you use.... Only saying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to chip in now that I've gotten to use my Cranker and I've got to agree, best performing machine I've ever lined with. In one word: Surgical. Only gripe I could fault is more with the finish: it's a bit sharp edged here and there and the paint, though awesomely cool and customizable, is a bit thinner and less durable than I would expect a powdercoat to be. Other than those small gripes A++++

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered mine this morning! Stoked!

Post Thanks / Like
    i am sold on dk's mini cranker as my liner.i have been using it daily and it feel like i am lining with a coil..great machine..a must have..

Post Thanks / Like
    Told ya,LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup Skinmech, you were correct about the Cranker, I bought mine partially due to your advice and love the thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    What volts ya lining at Sage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Confession to make, I keep spending my money on machines and still haven't bought a power supply with a meter yet, my old' Dermagraphics box still works great but I'm gonna get a Critical soon. I just turn it up til it humms and then change it from there as needed...