Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    they do it all ajust your hand speed turn up to about 5.8 and whip away my kubin is a fixed 4mm and theres nothing this machine wont do besides a 3 liner id go w a shorter stroke for that.
    I use mine with a 3rl all the time, set at 3.5mm though. I prefer dans direct drives for whip shading personally though.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use mine at 4.2 for 3rl often and even used it for single needle a few times. I do use needlerunners on the cranker though dont know how much it affects the settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a DK Cranker from Puffreis last week...

dk.jpg

First impression wasnt too great I thought the abar is little bit wobbly (which I later found out is the dampening system which does an excellent job) and the paint job on the metal parts wont last forever.

But I did love the design of the machine from the very first moment its just cool as fuck! The size of the machine is great not too small not too big its just perfect for a rotary. Same goes for the weight its so easy to handle and not too light either... The whole frame design is eye candy specially the white machine with black parts. The screws for the rubber bands are great the rubber band holds the needle in perfect position.

I used it with a 7 round shader at 7V for filling only and I think I wont use it for anything else soon the performance is flawless the ink flies into the skin single solid pass action. Maybe I will use it for lining some day since everybody says its a great liner but Im very comfortable with other rotary liners at the moment.

Not much to say everythings been said and reviewed before I can only accord with everyone else that everybody should have a Cranker in their drawer. ;-)

Edit:

Just used it with a 7 round shader and lined with it. The machine does a killer job the lines are so solid and precise its unbelievable. This machine is magic!
    Last edited by wildboy; 08-01-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Got a DK Cranker from Puffreis last week...

dk.jpg

First impression wasnt too great I thought the abar is little bit wobbly (which I later found out is the dampening system which does an excellent job) and the paint job on the metal parts wont last forever.

But I did love the design of the machine from the very first moment its just cool as fuck! The size of the machine is great not too small not too big its just perfect for a rotary. Same goes for the weight its so easy to handle and not too light either... The whole frame design is eye candy specially the white machine with black parts. The screws for the rubber bands are great the rubber band holds the needle in perfect position.

I used it with a 7 round shader at 7V for filling only and I think I wont use it for anything else soon the performance is flawless the ink flies into the skin single solid pass action. Maybe I will use it for lining some day since everybody says its a great liner but Im very comfortable with other rotary liners at the moment.

Not much to say everythings been said and reviewed before I can only accord with everyone else that everybody should have a Cranker in their drawer. ;-)

Edit:

Just used it with a 7 round shader and lined with it. The machine does a killer job the lines are so solid and precise its unbelievable. This machine is magic!

What stroke length you have it set at ? Thats where the real fun begins. I have marks on mine so i can quickly switch it to 2.6mm or to 4.2mm depending on what I'm doing. At least until I can afford another =]

Post Thanks / Like
    Its at 5mm... I dont wanna play with the stroke Im scared the magic goes away ^^ Id rather get another one first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing machine, it took me a while to trust it, and then I played with settings (nervously), and it shaded like a pencil, and lasered lines in like rollerball pen. Paint? well yes, RCA needs to be stronger too, but this isn't the most expensive machine out there. There is allot of work gone into making one. I especially like the clamp, give system, stroke adjustability, RCA. It just works, and there is a huge amount of thought put into its concept design, for example the weight is perfect [imo] it sits in the hand nicely, the force of the needle with give system and motor is balanced with weight. It has momentum. Ok I'm rambling =]

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    I use mine at 4.2 for 3rl often and even used it for single needle a few times. I do use needlerunners on the cranker though dont know how much it affects the settings
    Needlerunners and a cranker are good friends, you get a great linear action.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words!
    The paint on the parts is actually powdercoat. It's strong, and it will stay on for a long time
    The only wear you should see is if you go loosening up the screws a bunch..
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great machine Dan- Often copied never equaled !

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Dan, the machine you built me is amazing, love it. Thanks alot, can't recommend the build quality and service enough guys, even if you are as "particular" as me be getting another soon.
    Adam