Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New Machines ?????

Is it just me, or is every rotary machine coming out a different version of some other machine already out?
    Don't get me wrong there are some awesome machines coming out. but are we beating a dead horse?
    This is for discussion, no negative comments please.

2. Like Clone Boy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I want to say is look at coil machines. They all function the same. There are great ones and there are crap ones. There are insanely expensive ones and extremely cheap ones. I think what matters most is what works best for the person using it. But the future looks interesting. You never know what is right around the corner.

4. Like Clone Boy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is trying to bring something new to the table but in the end with rotaries/ coils we are all strapped to a motor/ coil, a tube vise, armature, and some sort of drive system to propel the armature. I think what everyone is trying to do is refine or fine tune an existing idea. Rotaries are older than what everyone thinks.

What I consider an abomination is the plain and straight copycat! Death to those.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snw2fw
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what gets me the most is the recycling of ideas, calling them new and placing a ridiculous price tag. I do like the future though.. Looks interesting already

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone takes machine A looks at it and says I could make this better then produces machine B its not copying its evolution. I really like Spektra Halo detachable motor it gave me the idea for selling customers several bodies and 1 motor housing keeping the cost down for the end user. If I take this idea and use it on one of my machines is it copying or just utilising an idea to make a better machine.
    Last edited by Nedz; 03-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    im all for the future...anyone remember the huckspaulding revolutions? that was a breakthrough in that time...thats what im looking for..not a copy of a copy...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I am starting my own line of coils machines all high grade cnc'ed iron with high grade american copper parts,custom coils,and finishes.
    all will be numbered with a cert and life time warrenty.
    Nothing new, just trying to bring a well made american machine to the table that is hand tuned to suit and will last you a lifetime.
    So a bit of old with the new.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

10. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    warranty is a good idea. there is few vendors that really back up their products out there.
    and Im all for making existing products better and putting something worth while on the table.
    I hate straight up copycats, there is a lot of people that are reaping the benefits of this rotary craze that def shouldn't,
    and none of us are reinventing the wheel. were just making high performance.
    sorry im venting hahah..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Yea I am starting my own line of coils machines all high grade cnc'ed iron with high grade american copper parts,custom coils,and finishes.
    all will be numbered with a cert and life time warrenty.
    Nothing new, just trying to bring a well made american machine to the table that is hand tuned to suit and will last you a lifetime.
    So a bit of old with the new.
    If you can toss an rca jack on one of those, I'd love to purchase one once you get them going. You gonna put a name to them?
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    If someone takes machine A looks at it and says I could make this better then produces machine B its not copying its evolution. I really like Spektra Halo detachable motor it gave me the idea for selling customers several bodies and 1 motor housing keeping the cost down for the end user. If I take this idea and use it on one of my machines is it copying or just utilising an idea to make a better machine.
    It took me over two years, lots of prototyping and a fight with Maxon over jacking up the prices every month to come up with the MotorBolt system and lock system. So it's up to you to copy or come up with your own thing. Like your tag line says "design matters". Design something new
    Last edited by fkirons; 03-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com