Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cats out of the bag

Yes guys this is the new Slide .... couple of things I noticed up there in the thread .... whilst plastic is a generic term for shit made out of oil by products ... this particular compound is a Polymide, a glass fibre composite .. like the stuff they make Glocks out of .... it means you can drop it or throw it around you hotel room and it is not going to break or kill anyone.

As for the plastic on plastic ... it is actually Polymide on Nylon ... so it will last quite some considerable time .... and yes it will also make it easier for the Chinese knock off bastards .. fortunately they still don't know how to make a decent polymer... (we bought & tested some of their recent knock offs... (Bastards)

They will be available in the next couple of weeks and will be in three colors ... Black, Purple & Red ... we will also have new red Whips available soon.

As for how it runs ... like a Jackhammer ... we made it for all those folk that seemed to be having trouble lining with The Whip .... and also it really is horses for courses ... I see so many amazing artists to so many different things in different ways ... so we just have t make products that work for as many folk as we can...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure polyamide is rugged stuff, most likely not cheap to produce. Although, aesthetically it looks like plastic. The Adjustable stroke stainless steel monster that surfaced on this forum was gorgeous. I hear that some were even in brass or bronze. I personally would be more likely to buy a machine made of metal. But that is my opinion, and obviously doesn't reflect the amount of machines you sell. To be honest I have considered the whip lots of times. So what does this new machine do that the others don't? Does it have give? If so is it preset give?
    Last edited by OwlsDen; 03-23-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too prefer the look and feel of a metal frame or body. Yes arguably the polyamide is more or less as strong durable and vibration absorbent but there is something almost primitive in this guy's lust for metals. I doubt the majority of tattoists would vote polyamide to be as pretty as purple anodized polished alloy or patinad copper or aged bronze. Its just an asthetic preference but it was one of the things that I would have changed about the swashdrive gen6(that I used for everything until recently) as i wanted the amazing performance of it with a different look. Most working tools and tattoo machines are primarily metal, not just because it is durable and gets the job done but because it's beautiful and has a tangible quality feel. Polyamide looks like milk crates and shopping baskets to me. perhaps if you offered them with a nice painted finish or had them chromed. Or please make a big run of metal frames for us mountain dwarves. Larger quantity runs should also lower the cost on the cast SS and bronze versions, maybe be bringing the price down a bit from $650.

4. Like aurelien liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks samyo for coming on and speaking about the new machine,,, you say artists had an issue with outlining with the whip..shit I think it was the best liner I ever picked up!!(my opinion) So much so that I would give up 3 of my machine for another one. the only think I had to do was adjust to the fact that on set up of the machine you did let much of your needle hang out because the more give you had on the slider the more stroke it had. So the sweet spot for me was set at 7 on the slider and run it about 10.3v and it would push any size liner. So now iam going to have to try to pick one of these up and give it a try.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    The gen 6 i had the plastic was pretty durable i kept a drop of oil where the parts touch n never noticed any wear at all. Does anyone know how these guys line are they pretty good liners. I have been using a hawk spirit and am not happy with the outlining at all. The needle will catch in the skin if you pivot the machine wrong on a long outline.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    tat2carson i line with the gen6 its the best thing for lining for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Plastic awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi new to the site would like to say why have they stopped making the gen series awesome machines have two gen7 's in stainless and ally/bronze I've only ever seen one whip in stainless and it's on a you tube film that tony is doing its sitting on top of a small shelf if i remember so i emailed samyo and he said there was only one ever made and it in secret place. lol I have had a whip not that keen like i said gens all the way after all SWASHDRIVE;its the name of the company
    Last edited by daza; 04-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    tattoos machines will soon become like cars you will have to finance lol

Post Thanks / Like
    J79, you'd have a ton of free capitol for new rotaries if you sold off some of your giant collection of coils...