Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not only that but can we knock off the knock off shit u are all hypocrites just so u know stop acting so self righteous and pointing fingers
    IF YOU ARE A TATTOO ARTIST YOU ARE GUILTY AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARENT TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR PORTFOLIOS AND LOOK AT THE OTHER MACHINES U HAVE THEY ARE ALL KNOCK OFFS OF SOMETHING THAT CAME BEFORE IT

2. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well said jimmee

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnersink View Post
    Cool bro, glad to hear u like the newer work. Ofcourse i didn't want to get upset jay. But we could all need a little more open free mind. Little more politeness.
    U can check out my work in here. i posted some pictures anyway...

Cheers bro.
    cool
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jesoner79 View Post
    not only that but can we knock off the knock off shit u are all hypocrites just so u know stop acting so self righteous and pointing fingers
    IF YOU ARE A TATTOO ARTIST YOU ARE GUILTY AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARENT TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR PORTFOLIOS AND LOOK AT THE OTHER MACHINES U HAVE THEY ARE ALL KNOCK OFFS OF SOMETHING THAT CAME BEFORE IT
    Jimmy why so pissed? Nobody is pointing fingers at anybody here....
    The topic is about knockoff whips, not those that like them or hate them...

We've all bought Chinese crap, wether tattoo machines or supplies or shit at the 99cent store(I wonder if they have 99pence stores in the UK?), and those items are usually in the end not worth the time or money we've wasted on them...

And a knockoff is not a new version of something else, a new BMW is not a knockoff of a Ford model T, it is an evolution of the design including new innovations and stylings. A knockoff is if someone made an exact(at first appearance) replica using the same dimensions(if not a mold taken from the original and without any royalties to the original creator) out of much inferior materials to lower standards and then he writes 'BMW' and in much much smaller letters 'style' and then cheaply undercuts the price and makes it openly available it to those that don't value the quality of the original and expects it to drive the same. And a knockoff manufacturer will not be there to help when something breaks or doesn't work, which it will, whilst the originals usually come with good Customer Service, an often under appreciated commodity.

A $600 machine can easily pay for itself in hours, and even if you don't like it, and decide to sell it for let's say $400(which is a low price for a near new machine, but it'll do for the sake of argument) your loss is only $200, which was paid for by your customer in the process of trying it, which leads me to the conclusion...

The true cost to try a quality machine is only the time you spent trying it out.

Because of the difference in quality of a fake machine to a real machine, you are much more likely to be unhappy with the fake sooner or later when the cheap quality shows it's ugly face.... And then to attribute those perspectives towards the original which you haven't even tried. If my first rotary was the knockoff swashdrive, instead of the real version, which it luckily was(gen6), I may never have converted because of the sour taste in my mouth over a fake! Then the fake sits there not being used much, and it shouldn't, an abomination, alienated by the nicer machines that do there job well and deserve their praise, until it is sold to some cheap scratcher(encouraging him to preform his evil) to get rid of it in disgust.

Not very fair to myself, or the creator of the real machine, or my clients.

I also don't have money to blow(my income is less than previously mentioned in the thread) but I buy higher end machines because of the lasting quality and performance in them at the risk of loss of resale value, because they are more likely to be the perfect tool for me. And if they aren't the fit for my style or abilities they will serve someone else very well. I also am decreasing the odds of loss by doing proper research on machines, reading the reviews here(partially why this forum exists is it not?) and correlating the data to find the best choice. I just happily bought a new HM SantaMaria(350€) from Roman, an awesome guy with awesome customer service. And a true artist, too(I'd much rather see him spending that money than some knockoff thief manufacturer that doesn't even have a tattoo much less do them well). It's in the post at the moment but I know that it's very high quality will shine as soon as I open the box. And if it just doesn't vibe with me (unlikely, but possible) and I end up selling or trading it, I really doubt that I'll ever regret the decision or be able to recoup my investment. So why should I ever waste my money on a bunch of crappy knockoffs that will work like shit and die quickly? Why shouldn't I be investing heavily in quality tools, just as all professionals in any trade does?A master mechanic uses Mack or similarly expensive tools(a full case is tens of thousands of dollars), is he insane?
    Last edited by Sage Oz; 04-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Andy, if you don't like the whip I'm sure you could sell or trade it to someone here, they have a following, provided of course that you can provide proof that it's real
    I don't get though how you think buying a cheap knockoff to test will give you any indication of what it's like to run the real version. It's like wanting to drive a Porsche but to 'test' it out getting a Dodge Neon and painting 'Porsche' on the side.
    here you go

7. Like CROWN Machines liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evlink2006 View Post
    Don't be a cheap ass. If you want a machine buy it from the guy who builds the damn things. Then there is no question of authenticity and a reputable builder will back his work. Ebay will just tell you to kick rocks when it breaks.
    and another

Post Thanks / Like
    see i go in the rants section to see what people are complaining about but we are suppose to be constructive and most of us just waste time talking shit about nothing would could all benefit from each other and for the most part i read complaints and i just hate people who are full of shit just be real thats all i ask cuz if your not i will call u out not specifically you just people in general i would like to see more paintings more tattoos more art more builds and more info maybe some techniques not just tattoos but art techniques in general but these are the threads we start see why i get mad

Post Thanks / Like
    sage about those mechanics lets not forget i build machines and i have alot of tools and equipment but by no means did i buy it all at once it took years getting to be able to afford these tools as well as it takes a mechanics to buy all of his tools now at one point i owned over 60 machines at any given time i must have gone thru maybe 200 total in 15 years and now i have like 12 rotaries ive only been using rotaries since feb of this year i have paid and traded my way to those 12 and trust me when u only have coils to trade it doesnt come cheap but if i was to get a knock off whip and decide that it worked ok and ended up goin to shit and said oh hell no i would never buy the real thing then that would make me a complete moron and dont deserve to buy the real thing in the first place but tell that to the people who make em i bet they sell to complete morons all the time and from the majority of the people i have see in this industry trust me morons keep us in business

Post Thanks / Like
    yep chinese garbage, file a dispute man