Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats awesome nivek. as a fellow old school nerd that would understand it,the go bots/transformers analogy is awesome. I'm gonna steal that.lol.

2. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The good rotaries use swiss motors which will run good and smooth for long periods of time where the cheap shitty ones burn up quicker, get hot some machines bind. Noone will respect an artist that uses a chinese machine period. I bougjt a china hawk on ebay to see it basically and its junk the thing is soooo cheap compared to an original hawk. The chinese copy vibrates the tips dont seat or stay in good. And if you try n adjust the tip the cartrige shoots across the room. if u actually used it on a customer it would be embarrassing

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric I bet your buddies like those crappy Chinese coil machines as well, and getting and giving cheap crappy tattoos if that's their attitude. Can't drive in style in a Yugo, let alone win a race or even make it to the finish line. If it weren't supporting knockoff manufacturers, I'd recommend that they buy lots more of those 'cause of the low price so they could waste more money on crap that isn't worth the metal it's made of.
    Last edited by Sage Oz; 03-25-2012 at 05:37 PM.

5. Like Jan Li liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the amount of money that you make as a tattoo artist, the price of a tattoo machine is maybe 2-3 days of work if that. A good tattoo machine last years if is looked after and used properly. I bet those coworkers get offended if a client asks them to do a tattoo 3 times cheaper.

7. Like inkinwi, Bishopbyname liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondan View Post
    For the amount of money that you make as a tattoo artist, the price of a tattoo machine is maybe 2-3 days of work if that. A good tattoo machine last years if is looked after and used properly. I bet those coworkers get offended if a client asks them to do a tattoo 3 times cheaper.
    And its a tax deduction

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried two cheapos they suck! I'm stickin with the coils until I can afford a good rotary

Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondan View Post
    thats exactly right. a good friend of mine insists on cheap shit. he"ll buy chinese coil machines, strip em down and rebuild after they die. I barely get to see him, but when I do, he always borrows my shit because somethings not right with his. even his wife (make up artist w/stigmas) calls him a cheap ass.
    can't=finished by end of today, impossible=finished by end of week, out of your mind=already finished

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any tattoo artist that can buy a knock off and feel no guilt or shame to me isn't a real tattooer. Most likely they are new in this business because no one that is old school would do such a thing. Seems that the new tattoo generation has no ethics or morals, now not all of them, but more than I can count and most can certainly agree. I feel that the ones that step up and buy originals, them folks should feel proud and contributious to our industry and will be blessed.

The ones that have no ethics and morals, well they won't be blessed and automatically lose respect in the eyes of their peers because at the end of the day it says something about thier character and if i was a shop Owner, id keep my eyes on them. Those are the type that will steal in a heartbeat. Kinda like a guy working for nike, but buys the fake ones from china cuz they are cheaper....... GET IT??? CHEAPER!!! It's just strange how a tattooer can do that shit without feeling bad. I don't get it. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Last edited by FRANCO VESCOVI; 04-02-2012 at 06:04 PM.

12. Like inkinwi liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about people that sale there machines through distributors that sell knock offs?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricksonart.com View Post
    What about people that sale there machines through distributors that sell knock offs?
    Ooh snap.... Haha