Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

whats up with neumas?

so, maybe i missed the info but are neumas still being made? the website doesn't work, the fb page is from last year n eikon n other websites don't sell them n e more. I'm seeing them occasionally on ebay n wanna get the hybrid but don't wanna buy it if the company is kaput.

Post Thanks / Like
    The latest that I've heard, they shut the website and phone lines down to catch up on backorders, Carson is on the road, and they are moving out of a large warehouse. Either way, all this cannot be good. If you are looking for similar electric rotary with the cushion inserts, I would recommend the ACTION rotary. All the benefits of the hybrid without any of the drawbacks. If pneumatic is your thing, the INTUITION has just been released and the waiting list is being filled first (I'm on the list! woo hoo). Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. yea, those were the rumblings i heard too. i always loved the look n feel of the neumas.i had one of the originals but sold it bc i left the shop that had the compressor n i couldn't afford one at the time. i keep seeing them on ebay but keep backing out of following through bc I'm afraid once i have it, if something goes wrong, theres no one i can contact or buy parts .I'm gonna be buying the action in the coming weeks though n the intuition looks awesome. lucky u to get on the list.haha. I'm really curious about those too. just wish they made an electric one as well;/

4. Like Killum liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Intuitions look awesome, and have a lot of major improvements over the neumas. I too am on the wait list...
    Oh and they do make electric versions, it's called a swashdrive

6. Like Administrator liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The internal parts of the neuma won't crap out on you, its a cast turbine, thats it. The only piece you need worry about is the air connector, but those can be purchased from granger and many other companies that supply pnuematic parts. As for the hybrid, I don't own any of them, and I'm sure theres some goodies in there that could potentially fail over time... which would be unfortunate if the company closes. I have a pair of original neumas, I love them but haven't used them in a year (no compressor anymore), so they sit in my drawer :/

Post Thanks / Like
    The thin stainless steel inserts do need replacing too on occasion.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about these machines also, didn't they have an issue with tattoos fading out or is that only when used for really detailed complicated designs?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    I was wondering about these machines also, didn't they have an issue with tattoos fading out or is that only when used for really detailed complicated designs?
    Never had any issues with tattooed fading out an I used neumas for over 7 years. Detailed or not they do just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Neumas are decent machines, reliable, and easy to clean and work on, but god forbid you ever need ANYTHING from the company, because they will NOT help you. I made an order and waited 9 months in between emails with progressive amounts of animosity until I finally threatened legal action like 4 times and actually started speaking with a lawyer. After lying to me about shipping dates and blowing smoke up my ass through email upwards of 7 times (which I may add took about 2-3 weeks each time to get any response at all), they finally sent me a refund check, which I had to contact Carson Hill directly to get the ball rolling on, and they never sent anything explaining what was going on until after I had sent a mass email to around 60 of their customers who were going through the same thing in an attempt to collect plaintiffs for a class action (I made sure I sent a copy to their 'sales manager' as well). If they're not belly up yet, I predict they will be shortly, and if not, their reputation is shite now, at least to me. I have seething hatred for that whole crew now, they nearly ruined my career before it began, as I took out personal loans and went into near crippling debt trying to stay afloat while waiting on them.

I also have scores of time-stamped emails, receipts and documentation to back up everything I've just stated. (<--covering my ass)
    Last edited by Shizzai; 03-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    dang shizzai! thats what i was afraid of if i bought them off of ebay n they took a shit. what then? its what kinda scares me about buying a hawk. it feels like a lot of these machines either change so much that old parts are hard to find or not being produced at all. if cheyenne goes belly up n t-tech stops selling, then what? its like old entertainment systems like dreamcast or the atari jaguar.where are they now? they are just paper weights. i love my swashdrives gen 6's and i hate that they stopped making them. it just sucks that it seems like all these rotaries have a shelf life until the next one come along. it would just b nice to see one stand the test of time n stay around. thats why my next one will be a tattooed pirate machine. just waiting for them to get back in stock.