Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Roman HM tattoomachines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello tugg
    sorry for the late reply, the santamaria standard stroke length is 2.6mm and it has a fast motor. but we are working on being able to offer different stroke lengths for customized versions in the near future for lost all our models.
    thanks. roman

Post Thanks / Like
    call me stupid but I don't understand the need for a fast motor when the voltage determines the speed

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    call me stupid but I don't understand the need for a fast motor when the voltage determines the speed
    I'm guessing Tugg, but I would imagine faster speeds at lower voltages depending on what motor. Recently I've been trying to educate myself a bit when it comes to motors, Roman and Brian Cambell gave me advice (thanks guys) and then the thing to do is get a Maxon catalogue and study it.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello tugg,its like peter is saying , we can achieve faster speeds with the same voltage , without needing to get extra torque, when you increase the voltage depending on what motor it is you are using,you get extra power along with it, the same way as when you decrease your voltage your speed gets lower but usually your power"force" torque /par also decreases to the point that your machine is running slow but useless because it will actually stop when you add some resistance to it. Playing with different motor setups gives character to a machine, example , my hm evolution, i love that even at low volts the machine is a beast, and it doesn't stop , now if you increase the voltage you get to a speed that you can line with it, but to my preference with too much power! i know people that outline with the evo, but i feel you have an over wanted power at that point. so on the santamaria you have speed with smoothness. its fast but without getting out of control. lets say , to make it easy you can achieve the same speed in santamaria and in the pinta with different voltage setups, but at the same speed both machines have different force/power.
    does this clarify??? i don't know if i explained it well or not?jajajaj
    if not ,please let me know so i can try again, jajaja
    roman

Post Thanks / Like
    cool thanks for explaining that . so lower torque @ high speed. another machine on my wishlist.(sighs)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes tugg, that is pretty much the idea! thanks and I'm glad you like the concept!
    roman

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a Santa Maria today, can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    i just pm'd you. but just too let other people know as well, yes kingpin has the latest version of our machines.
    i hope you enjoy the machine.
    thanks again, Roman
    they even have the new evolutions that have many different upgrades in stock even though the pics are of the older versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it all day yesterday, and I love it! I'm very picky on what I use for black & grey rotary, and this hit the nail on the head. Perfect stroke length, torque, and slight dampening specifically for black & grey work and color blending. I also loved how it put in solid color too. Just pick up the machine and get to work, no adjustments. My only complaint is now I want to get all 3 models haha. Thanks for the help and advice Roman and Bishopbyname!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very happy You guys like the santamarias!
    Thanks again, roman