Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    I used it all day yesterday, and I love it! I'm very picky on what I use for black & grey rotary, and this hit the nail on the head. Perfect stroke length, torque, and slight dampening specifically for black & grey work and color blending. I also loved how it put in solid color too. Just pick up the machine and get to work, no adjustments. My only complaint is now I want to get all 3 models haha. Thanks for the help and advice Roman and Bishopbyname!
    My pleasure! Glad you like it as much as me! It'll be a mini Evolution for me next i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is the santamaria?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    How much is the santamaria?
    I just bought one from Roman. For forum members it's 350€ delivered and includes a t-shirt and clipcord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tat2dPinoy I can't believe what I'm hearing lol!! In love with a 2.6 mm stroke machine, they sound like some good machines.

5. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep hearing a lot of people say that the Santa Maria from H and M is the best black and gray rotary on the market. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am currently using the original neo long and medium stroke to shade and color with. Can someone tell me the big selling point on these and why they are so amazing for B&G?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like mine a lot. It's smooth and plain easy to use. I feel like I can move around quickly and just kinda haphazardly throw it where I want and I look to expect it to look like crap but it's smooth and pretty, haha, it makes it hard to do a bad job. It's not the lightest rotary machine but it's solidly built and relatively vibration free and has great feedback, ie the sound and feel give you an idea what's happening. The motor has loads of speed and does great as a liner as long as you have a decent stretch. I'm keeping mine

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all down to the fast smooth action AND the slight give. Neo tats are superb machines for shading but they act like linear direct drives. There is no give at all. That suits some people, others it doesn't. It is all about preference. I think any tattooist that has a fair amount of experience can do equally good work with any of the top machines. A well balanced frame with a smooth running action is all that's needed. Hand adjustment will do the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    I keep hearing a lot of people say that the Santa Maria from H and M is the best black and gray rotary on the market. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am currently using the original neo long and medium stroke to shade and color with. Can someone tell me the big selling point on these and why they are so amazing for B&G?
    I was working with both my SantaMaria-Pinta Hybrid, and adjustable Bazooka on a B&G piece yesterday.I won't go into detail about the Bazooka, as I am in the middle of a Review which I will throw on later......The SantaMaria, imho is one of the best B&G Machines, I have came across, for a few reasons.

It is Perfect for B&G as it is
    a fast short stroke machine, all I do is tighten down the adjuster,so it has no give, and depending on needle grouping etc etc, dial in 5+ volts,med handspeed, and off I go..

The give system, if needed, is easy to operate, and offers a large range of options, from no give, where it hits like a DD, thro to a soft hit, which is ideal for blending.

Maxon motors are fitted to all HM Machines, however on my model its has more rpm with less torque, so, faster and softer.

The rest is covered here...
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...t=santa+hybrid
    Last edited by skinmech; 05-27-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    I was working with both my SantaMaria-Pinta Hybrid, and adjustable Bazooka on a B&G piece yesterday.I won't go into detail about the Bazooka, as I am in the middle of a Review which I will throw on later......The SantaMaria, imho is one of the best B&G Machines, I have came across, for a few reasons.

It is Perfect for B&G as it is
    a fast short stroke machine, all I do is tighten down the adjuster,so it has no give, and depending on needle grouping etc etc, dial in 5+ volts,med handspeed, and off I go..

The give system, if needed, is easy to operate, and offers a large range of options, from no give, where it hits like a DD, thro to a soft hit, which is ideal for blending.

Maxon motors are fitted to all HM Machines, however on my model its has more rpm with less torque, so, faster and softer.

The rest is covered here...
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...t=santa+hybrid
    This could be a little confusing as the standard La Santamaria isn't adjustable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopbyname View Post
    This could be a little confusing as the standard La Santamaria isn't adjustable.
    Yeah, but you don't need the adjuster to use it for B&G, as I said, " all I do is tighten down the adjuster,so it has no give" ....