Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Tattoo is going to be placed on ribs. I agree with you guys that scroll is too big, but my friend want to put six or seven names on it and he want to leave a empty space for another name that he probably put in future. I now that sounds funny, but I don't know how to solve this problem. At first he want only names. The angel is my idea.I just type text on to scroll see how its fit. Do you have any suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like
    what does the customer want??

Post Thanks / Like
    He wants every name of anybody he's ever met that's died before him written on him to prove how much he cared and so he doesn't forget their names, friggin another walking obituary section.....where are these people coming from?!?!? It's so morbid and boring....
    Hope he lives to be 150 and has to get like 80 script names written everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion at this point is to scrap the angel and banner, just do all those fancy script names best you can on his shakey ribs and take his money and move onto a real tattoo where you can be artistic. This guy sounds like another young kid getting his first tattoo and has no imagination so decided on his dead friends' names on his ribs because it'll make him look like all his other young Christian conservative emo douchebag friends...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd hate to be tattooed by you Sage Oz while your in that mood !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
    Tattoo is going to be placed on ribs. I agree with you guys that scroll is too big, but my friend want to put six or seven names on it and he want to leave a empty space for another name that he probably put in future. I now that sounds funny, but I don't know how to solve this problem. At first he want only names. The angel is my idea.I just type text on to scroll see how its fit. Do you have any suggestion?
    But Sage Oz is completely correct, i've said this before, and was castigated for it, but that makes me say it again- text is shit, especially names. the only one I seen which I liked so far was the word "someday" tattooed i think by Alie K? although I might be wrong.
    I'd suggest you sit down with your friend, and if he/she really wants this, ask him/her if they can think of symbols connected to the people instead. simple things maybe that the persons loved or were passionate for while alive. That way you remember the people tastefully, and get to use artistic skill. Perhaps one person loved walking in the woods? Draw a golden leaf, with exquisite detail, or an acorn to remember them by.
    Or maybe another person loved cars? Draw a symbolic key, or a road which leads to the sun in the distance. Or maybe another was passionate about football etc etc..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekt View Post
    I'd hate to be tattooed by you Sage Oz while your in that mood !
    It's only BS tiny lettering and inspirational quotes and bible verses that get me this pissed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    It's only BS tiny lettering and inspirational quotes and bible verses that get me this pissed...
    if you tattooed where i was youll just be one pissed off dude lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    My suggestion at this point is to scrap the angel and banner, just do all those fancy script names best you can on his shakey ribs and take his money and move onto a real tattoo where you can be artistic. This guy sounds like another young kid getting his first tattoo and has no imagination so decided on his dead friends' names on his ribs because it'll make him look like all his other young Christian conservative emo douchebag friends...
    I agree totally with Sage on this one....

Post Thanks / Like
    It's crazy here in Bellevue with that. I have a decent amount of large scale projects that are cool but nearly all new customers are wanting lettering these days it's crazy like half of what we do is tiny script...these people won't listen to reason think they know everything already but have zero art education appreciation or imagination and are so hard to convince otherwise think that it's so beautiful looking like a bumper sticker....
    Sorry I'm so off topic with my rant...
    Sekt is right about trying to find an image for them but then you're going to have to arrange 7 items of randomness but hey it could look cool if artistically done. There's a great thread on here with a link to a great argument against lettering...anybody remember? And that awesome street motorcycle tattoo that was posted the other day- a great example of where the artist was able to convince the client into an cool piece of art that wasnt the same old cross and banner RIP that been done done a zillion times...