Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bishop getting hot

ok this is THE machine i have wanted since i started using them i used it for b&g and it was perfect but i noticed it was getting hot and today i used it for color and it got so hot i decided to stop using it now im worried about blowing the motor and ive read on here that it is normal for it to get warm but im not sure i dont really see y this would b the only rotary to have a break in process

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check that your glide is lubed and that it is smooth on the sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep strip it down and get it Lubed, make sure the "Glide" is seated "true"...also, I would check the stay-up Spring, run it in again without it...Makes a difference..Pm Me, if ya need a Service Guide, took a while, but I managed to track one down,LOL....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its lubed and running properly i even tried to not bend the needle but it just makes it bounce around so i have to bend it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was getting hot as well. Franco told me the guy that was doing the backplates farmed out the work to his kid and some of the diodes were done wrong, causing the machine to heat up and run erratic. My motor actually crapped out on me, I assume due to this issue. When I spoke to Franco on the phone he told me a lot of hurdles he had when Bishop launched, the man had some trials and tribulations. I ended up removing the burned out diode and changed the motor out, I plan on getting the upgrade from Franco shortly. Long story short, your machine may have the same issue as mine had, PM Franco he may be able to help. Hes busy so it may take him some time to get back to you but hes a stand up guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Send it back in to him, The $60 upgrade is well worth it, and they will also check out everything else that is wrong with it.
    Keep on, Keepin on!
    www.porvidacs.com
    Con Safos

Post Thanks / Like
    keep it in the fridge till u need it Jimmee? thats an option my friend