Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New to Rotary's..need Opinions

I have used a few knock off rotary's in the past few weeks and love the way they put ink in the skin..about 17 years ago i used to tattoo with a home made machine when i was just playing around and in my opinion a rotary is a hopped up version of a homa made machine..i have been tattooing professionally since 1999 and have always used coils machines but would love to switch after what i have seen these machine do..Can someone please tell me their opinion of what u would go out and buy? i want a machine that is going to last me and not be a waste of money..thanks for ur help and btw i love this forum..
    Also what is the difference in a swiss made motor? there are alot of knock offs on ebay..
    Last edited by theskindoctor; 04-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well what do you want it to do? What price range do you want to stay in? What style tattooing is your primary? Everyone has different needs and opinions, what do you have your coils tuned like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just start somewhere maybe with a no give machine like the Neo Tat or a Bishop. A give machine machine where the give cant be adjusted like the Rapier would be another option maybe so you dont have to fiddle around with adjustments and get used to rotaries more. You will buy a lot more in future once youre hooked ^^

Which knock off models did you use? I had a couple of Swiss and Swashdrive knock offs before I started buying professional machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have all different types of coil machines..dringenbergs, next gens, sobas, aaron cains ect..i got them all set of differently..some for lining, some just for black and gray, and some for color packing...the rotary i would love to have just for color work and black and grey..i got enough great liners that are coil machines and prob wont ever give them up..as far as the price range i wouldnt want to go over $400...i seen those ones from eikon that r $600 and i think they r too much

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Kubin has his production finish crankers priced at $325 and they are awesome and versatile machines...

Post Thanks / Like
    The rapier II is a great machine, liner, shader, color packer at 350$ I do hear good things about the DK cranker like Sage mentioned. A production base model at 325$ sounds pretty good too. The swiss Machine is great for color packing and black shading National has them for 350$, Rotary Works are about 200$ I love mine for color work and black and gray, Treasure chest is a great color blending and gray wash machine at 375$ I think, one of the best color and black and gray machines in my opinion is the Centri but that is 600$ Also consider Slava he is a member here and he hand builds machines for 250 euro, and I am waiting on one myself they are seriously cool machines. he will also make them in different frame styles, but there is a wait time of about 6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    Dan Kubin has his production finish crankers priced at $325 and they are awesome and versatile machines...

Really can't go wrong with the cranker. I have way more pricy machines collecting dust since I got mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info..i am checking on the treasure chest because i have also heard good things about that too..i can only imagine what the real deal rotary's will do because the knock offs aint too bad at all..have u tried the rapier 2? how about that cranker

Post Thanks / Like
    where do his machines come from? are they us made or overseas..i found his website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rapier II is one of my favorites, i just bought a second one. I have a treasure chest too, but I like the rapier a little more. he makes the machines himself in the US and uses a German motor. Cary is also a great guy and even though I feel like I must bug the shit out of him sometimes, he always answers questions.